Is PG&E making payments to Willie Brown while he is writing a featured political column for the Chronicle/Hearst?
By Bruce B. Brugmann
Earlier today, I sent the following questions to Hearst Corporate in New York, which owns the San Francisco Chronicle. I sent copies to
its Chronicle management and staff. Read my blog below for context, details, and my take on the difference between a real progressive and a PG&E progressive. I'll keep you posted.
"PG&E has disclosed a $200,000 payment to Willie Brown for
'consulting services' for 2007 in its annual report to the California Public Utilities Commission. Now that Willie is doing a featured top-of-the-page political column each Sunday in the Chronicle, I'm curious if he is doing a Chronicle column while still providing 'consulting services' for PG&E?
"If so, d oes Hearst have an ethics policy that covers this apparent conflict? Would it at minimum require disclosure of PG&E payments to Willie in this year and previous years and what was the nature of these 'consulting services?' I would appreciate a comment. Thanks very much. B3
Click here to read my blog, PG&E and a Rock Rapids, Iowa, liberal.
Most Commented On
- 1 month? - July 11, 2014
- Ah so YOU are the 30% that - July 11, 2014
- So he deserved to have a cop - July 11, 2014
- That totally means he - July 11, 2014
- Season's greetings - July 11, 2014
- Is Newsom on the wrong side of high-speed rail history? - July 11, 2014
- rent - July 11, 2014
- Everything, because many people have to drive there if there is - July 11, 2014
- Yes, good point, the real employer here is the non-profit - July 11, 2014
- No, the scarcity of housing is caused by government policy - July 11, 2014