CALVIN TRILLIN: DEADLINE POET
Senator Joe Lieberman
and the public option
If public option's in the bill, Joe says,
He'll work to make a filibuster stick.
If so, insurance giants then will cheer.
The poor will think of Joe when they're sick.
The Nation (11/30/09)
Most Commented On
- Guest, Good question - June 19, 2013
- Offhand, I cannot think of a major botanical garden in any of - June 19, 2013
- Uh oh, someone mentioned a fired SFBG writer and their post was - June 19, 2013
- What he did of? - June 19, 2013
- The Gardens are a lot nicer now it isn't packed with people who - June 19, 2013
- Nah, Jody, I was just pointing out that you making a single post - June 19, 2013
- It's expensive to buy and run a newspaper and so the idea that - June 19, 2013
- You caught me - my real name - June 19, 2013
- No, Ann, everyone doesn't know what is trolling. - June 19, 2013
- Buh-Bye..... - June 19, 2013