Lead paragraph in the lead story in Thursday's New York Times (12/29/11):
"BAGHDAD--The Obama administration is moving ahead with the sale of nearly $11 billion worth of arms and training for the Iraqi military despite concerns that Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki is seeking to consolidate authority, create a one party Shiite-dominated state and abandon the American-backed power-sharing government."
B3 note: the graphics and cartoons of Louis Dunn, a former Guardian art director and artist, will be featured regularly in the Guardian, on the Guardian website, and on the Bruce blog.
Most Commented On
- I really wish Bruce had given some of the $1.8 million - June 18, 2013
- Tim's Vision - June 18, 2013
- I feel sure that Tim put his family first - June 18, 2013
- So, this oil baron won't make - June 18, 2013
- The "tax rate" is not the rate they pay, though - June 18, 2013
- Using family, especially - June 18, 2013
- Maybe you should study up on Canadian law if you want to - June 18, 2013
- SFBG "not resonating with advertizers or readers". - June 18, 2013
- "On Aug. 17, 2012, Black - June 18, 2013
- But adding an in-law also puts both units under rent control and - June 18, 2013