Lead paragraph in the lead story in Thursday's New York Times (12/29/11):
"BAGHDAD--The Obama administration is moving ahead with the sale of nearly $11 billion worth of arms and training for the Iraqi military despite concerns that Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki is seeking to consolidate authority, create a one party Shiite-dominated state and abandon the American-backed power-sharing government."
B3 note: the graphics and cartoons of Louis Dunn, a former Guardian art director and artist, will be featured regularly in the Guardian, on the Guardian website, and on the Bruce blog.
Most Commented On
- Biking could be for everyone if we wanted - December 13, 2013
- Biking could be for everyone...if we wanted it to be - December 13, 2013
- Why is it always an external - December 13, 2013
- You bought 32 Adair from - December 13, 2013
- Yeah, when the bike nuts say "hey, it works in Holland" - December 13, 2013
- Cocaine works as well, as - December 13, 2013
- It has worked. Take a look at your year-end 401K statement - December 13, 2013
- The point is that the demand for homeless services is infinite - December 13, 2013
- CM - December 13, 2013
- Amsterdam is flat - December 13, 2013