As we were driving to work this morning (1/4/2012), we were surprised and angered to find Glenn Beck, the rightwing broadcaster who was too much for Fox News, replacing Stephanie Miller, the liberal, articulate, and clever talk show host on Green 960. How in the world could that be? How in the world could the Clear Channel broadcast conglomerate put Beck on morning drive time on Green 960, which up to now had "proudly" proclaimed itself as the progressive radio station in progressive San Francisco? .How could it make this crucial political change at the very start of the presidential electon season? Was it because Clear Channel is now owned by another conglomerate involving Mitt Romney? (In 2008, a Boston-based private equity firm purchased Clear Channel in a leveraged buyout, according to the Bradblog.) Has Clear Channel/Romney no shame?
I have often tried in vain through the years to contact Clear Channel for explanation or comment on news stories. This time, I am happy to turn the job over to the Bradblog below, operated by Brad Friedman, who runs an excellent independent blog specializing in investigative reporting, broadcast analysis, and election integrity issues.
Read what he has to say and get good and mad. Clear Channel is screwing the City and County of San Francisco yet again. Resist! B3
Most Commented On
- To Rockydoesit: I just saw a - May 24, 2013
- Lindsay was a great mayor! - May 24, 2013
- Lindsay rocked! - May 24, 2013
- So you're fine with other - May 24, 2013
- It's highly doubtful that gays are accepted less than - May 24, 2013
- Was "Bestemor" the handle you used at SFGate? - May 24, 2013
- Nobody is forced to take a job in SF and so I fail to - May 24, 2013
- That's almost a quarter of a million a year and at that price, - May 24, 2013
- Just goes to prove the relativism of morality. - May 24, 2013
- Meanwhile, unfortunately hate - May 24, 2013