It's "pious baloney." Yes, pious baloney.
What Mitt speaks, Newt says, is remarkably phony:
His citizen pose is all hooey;
He's hungered for office like Thomas E. Dewey.
And what he was doing those years spent at Bain
Was not create jobs but cause working stiffs pain.
While Newt covers Mitt's smooth exterior with blotches,
Obama's campaign staff just carefully watches.
Calvin Trillin: Deadline poet (The Nation 1/30/2012)
Most Commented On
- The End of an Era Not of a Legacy - June 19, 2013
- New Order - June 19, 2013
- Wrong, Ann, we've already seen the problem when the SFBG is - June 19, 2013
- This is scandalous slander. - June 19, 2013
- hey hey - June 19, 2013
- Any chance we can lose this insane obsession with PG&E now? - June 19, 2013
- That's a new argument - June 19, 2013
- Thanks for that, Stephen, and that makes perfect sense. - June 19, 2013
- Vogt's just missed going to prison in Canada - June 19, 2013
- Heh, Chrome quotes the Bard and marcos quotes some 80's band. - June 19, 2013