Guardian graphic by Louis Dunn
Rep. Ron Paul, in the Jan. 17th debate in Myrtle Beach in the Bible Belt of South Carolina, proposed that American foreign policy adhere to the "Golden Rule." The audience booed him.
"My point is if another country does to us what we do others, we're not going to like it very much," according to Saul Relatiive in Yahoo News. "So I would say that maybe we ought to consider a golden rule in--in foreign policy. Don't do to another nation...what we don't want to have them do to us."
Relative continued, "As reasonable as that may sound..and it is a rule taught by every major religion on a personal scale--the audience in South Carolina, made up of mostly white middle-aged evangelicals, were having none of it...How could the thought even be entertained? ...This is the state of the modern conservative movement: non-thinking, non-substantive, reactionary, bellicose, exceptionally arrogant, ignorant, and vindictive."
Read Relative's report in full: http://news.yahoo.com/christian-conservative-voters-boo-ron-pauls-golden...
Most Commented On
- oEWlFRRxKQEBaX - March 11, 2014
- The GOP Rating is Almost Negative - March 10, 2014
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014