Romney says he's not concerned about the poor
"The remark about the poor immediately became catalogued in a growing list of awkward comments by Mr. Romney." --The New York Times
His profile's divine.
His shoes have a shine;
They're almost as shined as his hair.
And voters ignore
That seeking Mitt's core
Has failed because nothing is there.
So Mitt's way ahead.
The pundits have said
That Newt might be almost kaput.
But Mitt still might lose
If he puts those shoes
Much more in his mouth with his foot.
Calvin Trillin: Deadline Poet (The Nation, 2/27/2012)
Most Commented On
- What about David Chiu's failing CIVIL GIDEON ???? Deja Vu. - July 10, 2014
- ABC7's pedestrian safety coverage courts controversy - July 10, 2014
- I will be back in a day or - July 10, 2014
- Elderly assisted living facility residents face eviction - July 10, 2014
- You know exactly what you’re - July 10, 2014
- You are perfectly free to give some of your profit to a - July 10, 2014
- But wait, Steven, Muni only recovers 20% of its costs in fares - July 10, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 10, 2014
- LA siren BANKS enchants The Independent | SF Music - July 10, 2014
- A Canola oil fire, maybe? | SF Music - July 10, 2014