Editorial: The Mirkarimi case is an abomination

Editor's note: And so the man who became interim  mayor on a false pretext and then lied his way through an election for a full term amid a sleazy mass of campaign irregularities and violations, has suspended Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi without pay and is now using the full power of the city attorney's office to continue the Mirkarimi crucifixion. Without pay? The usual City Hall/cop practice is to suspend or put a city official on administrative leave with pay. Even Willie Brown, former mayor, Chronicle columnist and PG@ES lobbyist, says Mirkarimi should not have been suspended without pay. B3

EDITORIAL There's only one way to say this: The official misconduct case against Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi has become a one-sided star-chamber proceeding that violates all the basic rules of fairness, decency, and due process.

Over the past few weeks, Mayor Ed Lee, acting through the City Attorney's Office, has been collecting evidence and issuing subpoenas to force witnesses (including some who have only a peripheral involvement in the matter) to give testimony. The mayor is acting as if he's prosecuting a murder case instead of conducting a hearing on whether an elected official should be thrown out of office for a misdemeanor.

And Mirkarimi and his lawyers have absolutely no ability to respond.

That's right: The mayor and the city attorney have subpoena power. The defense in this case doesn't.

If this were a criminal proceeding, in a real court, Mirkarimi would have the same ability to compel testimony as the mayor. And under the rules of discovery, he'd have the right to see all of the evidence compiled against him.

But because this in front of an Ethics Commission that hasn't even adopted evidentiary rules, one side has all the rights, and the other side has none. That puts Mirkarimi at a terribly unfair disadvantage. You can argue all day about Mirkarimi's conduct, but people charged with the worst horrific crimes have more legal protections than he does.

The Ethics Commission needs to immediately adopt rules that level the playing field — and the city attorney should insist on it. If there are going to be witnesses — and clearly the mayor is planning to present them — then Mirkarimi's lawyers must be allowed to review those statements in advance, as they would in any trial. All evidence against the sheriff should be turned over to the defense, well in advance of the hearing. Until that happens, the mayor and the city attorney should put the inquiry on hold.

Because right now, the process is an abomination.

Comments

He was asked at one point in time whether he had any intention to run and, at that time, he did not and so honestly said that.

Later, due to the outpouring of requests that he run, and given the low quality of the other mayoral candidiates, he was persuaded that it was in the ebst interests of the city for him to run, and so he changed his mind, as we are all entitled to do.

At no point did he lie and at no point did he break a promise. If the voters had thought that he had, he never would have gotten a landslide 60% victory in the final "runoff".

Posted by Anonymous on May. 09, 2012 @ 6:21 am

Lee's position during the interim Mayor appointment process was known to voters during the election last November, the one where he got 60% of the vote.

Progressives continually show their contempt for the overall electorate. Apparently it is dominated by Neanderthals who don't have the advanced sensitivities of the Progressive movement.

Deal with it. The voters looked at his record and felt that they were better off with him as their Mayor than with any of the other candidates.

Sorry, Progressives, the matter was put before the voters and you lost. Lee won.

Doesn't mean that it will stop the pathetic whining.

Posted by Troll on May. 09, 2012 @ 8:18 am

A landslide victory in a race where few voters voted. That is not a mandate. That's a pathetic apathy.

Posted by Guest on May. 09, 2012 @ 1:26 pm

So what's your point? That all the people who opposed Lee decided to stay home instead of voting?

And for the record, the turnout was 42.5% according to http://www.sfgov2.org/index.aspx?page=1670 . The figures for the previous 3 mayoral elections (1999, 2003 and 2007) were 45%, 46% and 36%. So 42% isn't that far from the norm for this century. Maybe if he had some competition it would have been higher.

But hey, who am I to stop a Progressive from whining. Have fun!!!!

Posted by Troll on May. 09, 2012 @ 2:29 pm

therefore can reasonably be assumed to have no objection to Lee, his vote was over 60%. The usual definition of a landslide is over 60%. QED.

Posted by Guest on May. 09, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

... and he lied when he made the promise. Lee would never have been able to make the board vote his way otherwise.

The whole deal was scummy right from the start -- standard effluent from the scumbag Republicans.

Posted by lillipublicans on May. 10, 2012 @ 7:34 am

rather than merely changed his mind?

Lee showed flexibility and adaptibility in being responsive to his constituency and somehow you think that's a bad thing?

You're just annoyed he won. Get over it.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 @ 8:32 am

You must've been living on Jupiter or something after Newsom abused the rules on when he was supposed to take the Lt Gov oath of office to engineer Lee becoming mayor. With the help of Newsom's illegal action, Lee was mayor. He REPEATEDLY said he was not going to run, that he had no interest in running. Stop with the, "well one time he was asked" crap, for months he said he wasn't running.

But I have no problem with him changing his mind. What I do have a problem with is his corruption. During Willie Brown's corrupt administration, Lee seems to have played a sig role in some of that corruption (Willie probably let him know that if he wasn't ready to play the game correctly, Willie would try to get him demoted). I forget the exact details but it was the usual - playing with City contracts so that particular contractors made out like bandits (because they were) and, no doubt, some of that money getting back to Willie (and possibly Lee).

And during the mayor's race, did Lee instruct, approve, or know of the efforts by ppl working for him to, in essence, vote for those elderly Chinese where a stencil-like thing was put over the ballot and they were told what holes to fill in??? Hard to believe that would happen without his knowledge.

And now this guy is trying to get an elected official out of office because the guy had a bad argument with his wife??? If anything, he should be out of office because honesty and integrity don't appear to be his strong points. One may or may not like Ross as a person but I haven't heard any credible allegations against him related to corruption while in office or running for office. Yep this thing stinks really bad and I think a lot of the supes are realizing this thing does not smell good. And if it went to a recall, with what is known now - I seriously doubt the recall would succeed, which is why they want him out without having to do one.

Posted by Guest on May. 10, 2012 @ 4:32 pm

DA and give them your evidence. I'll assume you have none, therefore, and that your allegations are mere speculation.

And, as you say, Lee was perfectly entitled to not intend to stand for several months, and then to be won over by the groundswell of support for him.

The SFBG never complained when Ammiano said he didn't want to be mayor and then accepted the write-in nomination. Why is that any different? Oh wait, Ammiano is left-wing, of course.

Posted by Guest on May. 10, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

almost anywhere else in the country Ed Lee would be considered far left as well.

Posted by Guest on May. 11, 2012 @ 6:26 am

Our Sheriff offered us too little too late. He should have told his story back in January. Now it's hard to forgive him because his truth is sounding more and more flimsy. Eliana however has cause the fall of what could have and should have been San Francisco's love for modern political history(in the making). Our Sheriff fought long and hard for this opportunity, all ruined by a foolish move by his far too young (for him) and stupid baby-mama. Sheriff, please leave those silly women alone, I know it's hard for you to resist as we have watched over the years. We have faith in you but you must break the habit. Even with all the therapy and counseling your marriage to Eliana will not survive. San Francisco will not allow your marriage to work. San Francisco will destroy you both. Sure there are some that will back you but most are out to ruin you. Your wife has done most of that work single-handedly. And after the video tape is played and your real marriage problems are exposed the world will be also watching. You will be hated, and the words we be hearing will be coming from Eliana's own mouth. Not much left to say but the people of San Francisco will judge you and will have the last word.

Posted by Guest on May. 08, 2012 @ 7:44 pm

Jason Grant Garza here ... wow, the MORE I read about this and my personal experience with the City Attorney, DPH, Sunshine Task Force and Ethics ... the GAME continues with the FALSE assurances of DUE PROCESS, RULE of LAW, JUSTICE and other False Premises.

What do I mean by this ... type my name into a google search engine and read how the city broke the law (EMTALA), had my case thrown out of federal court by TESTILYING (C02-3485PJH) only to sign a confession years later (settlement agreement with the OFFICE of INSPECTOR GENERAL) admitting fault and guilt and then LEAVING its INNOCENT VINDICATED VICTIM for DEAD. I was illegally denied in 2001 and got the confession in 2007 ... it hangs next to my arrest record (never having been arrested before in life) next to the confession by the city for the crime it committed and that I was arrested for ... any more questions ... DUE PROCESS, RULE of LAW, and JUSTICE ... where's mine? Now remember the confession (2007) was NOT on the city's or city attorney's continuing after they had my case thrown out of federal court (2003) ... it was me going to the OFFICE of INSPECTOR GENERAL ... any more questions? Where is or was the ETHICS behind this and where is the ACCOUNTING ??? This was and still is under the "STEWARDSHIP" of Mr. Herrera.

Now again I sought health care and was denied. I went to Sunshine to get records and was told upon city attorney advise that I was not allowed. When I informed the MINISTRY of SUNSHINE that the city attorney was INCORRECT ... they (SUNSHINE) separated the issue in case # 11081 to look for a HIPAA expert. NOW, 5 months later the city attorney has changed their claim yet the MINISTRY of SUNSHINE will NOT followup to correct, document, question, investigate, send up for "OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT" charges, etc. Oh, and yes, the MINISTRY of SUNSHINE was TOTALLY useless ... where is the HIPAA expert (they still haven't gotten many many months later) and ABSOLUTELY no ADVOCACY but PLENTY of MENDACITY, FURTHER HARM, INCORRECT PROCESS and more INHUMANITY by false unaccountable process ... but what choice does a "POOR" person have ?

When I wrote Me. Herrera to ESCALATE and INVESTIGATE the MISHANDLING, INCORRECT INFORMATION dispensed, etc... I am left with NO response, no followup, no escalation, no assurance of correction and I know that without investigation, complaint, follow up .... NOTHING will change. Today in the EXAMINER over Ross' case ... it stated " The City Attorney’s Office, acting on behalf of the mayor, has further alleged that Mirkarimi may have dissuaded witnesses in his criminal case and is impeding the current investigation.." Could NOT the same be said (DISSUASION) since my witness and evidence is being "THWARTED" of investigation and correction by the city attorney when it comes to my DUE PROCESS, RULE of LAW, JUSTICE and NOW ADMISSION that I was correct when it comes to the MISHANDLING by his office in my SUNSHINE case # 11081 that for MONTHS has illegally denied me.

Yes, Virginia the GAME continues ...

However, please look for a book online for free that I am writing exposing all with their own paperwork and letterhead entitled "MYOWNPRIVATEGUANTANAMO.COM" An American citizen with NO RIGHTS ... DEAD RIGHT.

Integrity, Humanity and Morality ... keep looking ... I'm still awaiting mine form the city and city attorney ... type my name into a google search engine.

Again Justice for the RICH and JUST THIS for you and me and that is TRULY the "ABOMINATION." Oh, and when you type my name into the google search engine ... it will lead you to an article here at the San Francisco Bay Guardian written by JB Powell entitled "CRAZY" ... strangely appropriate given the reality of this FARCE ( rule of law, due process, humanity and lastly integrity ) ... I still await it form the CITY and its willing minions.

Posted by Jason Grant Garza on May. 09, 2012 @ 5:59 am

Why does everyone ignore this guy when he posts? ^

Posted by greg on May. 09, 2012 @ 6:17 am

It's not clear.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 09, 2012 @ 6:23 am

He sits there ranting and raving to himself the whole ride and everyone just looks away and really really hopes that he doesn't move seats or he gets off the bus soon.

Posted by D. native on May. 09, 2012 @ 6:31 am

Jason Grant Garza here ... yes, Greg, I have repeatedly asked this question ... "Could it be the INCONVENIENT" truth that they choose to IGNORE. Remember, I was the CANARY in the COAL MINE ... warning, pointing out and like to children that was molested by the priests .... I had this done by the PROFESSIONALS (City Attorney, DPH, SUNSHINE, ETHICS, FEDERAL COURT SYSTEM, etc) who are still employed and will retire to live the good life while LEAVING their INNOCENT VINDICATED VICTIM for DEAD. By, the way the SF Bay Guardian will also lead to an article entitled "Ratched Response" for an article regarding a NURSE RATCHED letter I received from the Sheriff's office when I asked for my records in the illegal denial in 2001. It was sent to ETHICS by SUNSHINE .... care to look at the "OUTCOME, PUNISHMENT, CONSEQUENCE" for this "OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT?' Go ahead I dare you ....

JUSTICE FOR ALL AND JUST THIS FOR ME .... oh, and by the way the FINE that CCSF paid was to the OFFICE of INSPECTOR GENERAL (2007) and I got NOTHING ... similar to what I am receiving NOW ... look at SUNSHINE cases# 10038, 11091, 11010-11012, 11099 and the upcoming 12023. So I will NOT stop telling the TRUTH, connecting the dots and hoping for HUMANITY and INTELLIGENCE to connect and be ENLIGHTENED.

Sincerely the LIVING DEAD, DEAD RIGHT and LEFT for DEAD. Please don't ask me who my doctor was at the TIME (2001) and whether I was ABANDONED because I was suing the city .... could it have been the prior DIRECTOR of PUBLIC HEALTH (MITCHELL KATZ) ... please don't ask me about NANCY PELOSI and the FAILURE that I received at that OFFICE ... just look to the book ... it will be laid out for free on their letterhead.

"EVIL EXISTS when GOOD MEN do NOTHING" ....

"When JUSTICE COSTS ($$$) ... we've ALL LOST." ....

Life. Liberty and the Pursuit of HAPPINESS ... unless you're GAY and POOR.

Posted by Jason Grant Garza on May. 09, 2012 @ 6:52 am

No, I meant this Jason Grant Garza fellow
He posts in almost every thread, the same material. The same CAPitaliZATion quirks, the same persecution fantasies.

Nobody ever responds, its like I am the only one who sees them.

Posted by Greg on May. 09, 2012 @ 8:04 am

It wasn't just his Mayoral intentions that changed. When Lee wanted to become interim Mayor he stated his age as 58. Now, he is 60.

Seems like nothing remains the same about the chameleon 'Mayor'.

Posted by Steroidal Progressive on May. 09, 2012 @ 8:07 am

2 years have passed, I would never have voted for him.

Such deception :-)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 09, 2012 @ 8:20 am

I really hope this is not a joke post because this is funny. So when he was appointed he was 58. He turned 59 later in 2011 on 5/5. He just turned 60, again on 5/5 (go figure).

Posted by Dnative on May. 09, 2012 @ 9:06 am

>"But because this in front of an Ethics Commission that hasn't even adopted evidentiary rules, one side has all the rights, and the other side has none."

And when did Ethics join the vast right wing conspiracy?

Posted by Troll on May. 09, 2012 @ 9:06 am

Jason Grant Garza here answering Troll's question .... "But because this in front of an Ethics Commission that hasn't even adopted evidentiary rules, one side has all the rights, and the other side has none." Can someone help me with this logic, please? If they haven't adopted rules then how can the rules be unfair to Ross. Do we just assume that, whatever they are, they will be unfair to Ross?"

It is the ART of ILLUSION and DECEPTION (another form of "Risk Management") in which the TALK is spoken but the ACTION is NIL. No rules ,etc ... why? Have there not been "OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT" cases before or were the RULES and PROCEDURES that dismissed them clear and evident and NOW there is an ATTEMPT to change them.

The example I can give is that gasoline (DUE PROCESS) is advertized and promoted a X ... everyone comes in and gets X ... Ross comes by and NOW it is Y (deep down we know we have been INCORRECT on X since it was NOT providing DUE PROCESS) and instead of correcting procedure to change ... ETHICS NOW want to change the X consequence to Y ( in mid stream) while NOT accounting to ALL for the INCORRECT X.) Similar to what the FAMOUS JOHN YOO approach was to PRISONER of WAR into an ENEMY COMBATANT in order to change what was before into a new process ... and we have all noted what DUE PROCESS they (Guantanamo) has received even the "INNOCENT" ones already declared by the White House.

The correct procedure would be for the ETHICS commission to "PAINT" this (dismiss) as all the others it has failed, .... THEN EXPLAIN the FAILURES and WHY, move to correct its failures (rules, procedures, etc) re-open all old cases and PROVIDE the JUSTICE that they failed on ... then and only then could any action be considered ETHICAL; however to try to do this to Ross, change in mid stream (rules, procedures for "OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT") is another UNETHICAL way to NOT accept responsibility for their (ETHICS COMMISSION) failure and pass a "FAST ONE" to the IGNORANT public.

So the SIMPLE answer is that the OLD RULES and PROCEDURE (ETHICS DISMISSAL of "OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT" cases - see SUNSHINE) applies to ROSS and if NOT ... this is HOW the CREATION of NEW RULES can be UNFAIR to Ross ... any more questions? Please note that while I do NOT agree nor condone what Ross has done admittedly ... I do NOT condone the witch hunt, different rules and "GOALPOST" movement ... if they can do with Ross ... why NOT us ... oh, Yeah they (the ETHICS COMMISSION) already did when it bogusly threw out the SUNSHINE's OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT referrals ... quite UNETHICALLY I might add and NOW that those rules aren't working they want a change and to forget, sweep under the rug, whitewash all their failures (ETHICS) of prior "OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT" charges.

Why don't you ask them about my NURSE RATCHED letter from the Sheriff and why that was dismissed (after a referral of OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT) ... go ahead I dare you ... by the way the ETHICS COMMISSION has not contacted me and informed me that their old rules were incorrect and that is why they are changing now for ROSS and if I wish to re-open my case ... wouldn't that be the ETHICAL thing to do ??? Again as I stated at the opening ... the ART of ILLUSION and DECEPTION ... how ETHICAL is that?

Posted by Jason Grant Garza on May. 10, 2012 @ 6:36 am

stake woulnd't necessarily apply in a forum where the only issue is whether someone's behavior reaches an ethical standard.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 @ 8:27 am

execute Ross, publicly, as some sort of fundraiser for whichever left-wing group whines the loudest? Everybody wins!

Posted by Chromefields on May. 09, 2012 @ 1:12 pm

Most of the comments on the Bay Guardian's reports and editorials about this, and on SF Gate and the Bay Citizen, evidence no concern about domestic violence whatsoever. They are about hating Ross Mirkarimi, for whatever reason.

I suspect that more than a few are written by law enforcement officers who resent his election as an outsider to lead the Sheriff's Department, and resent his advocacy for restorative justice.

Posted by Guest Ann Garrison on May. 09, 2012 @ 1:25 pm

seem to totally ignore the DV issue and try to downplay the entire thing. They easily ignore the alleged statement on the tape that this was the second time this happened and really downplay what happened. I doubt that if Greg Suhr were in the exact situation, the BG would be running to his defense like this.

My entire issue with Ross is this. He is now tainted and lacks credibility to effectively lead the Sheriff's department. If a newly hired employee was involved in this exact situation a week prior to starting with the department and then he was subsequently convicted of false imprisonment, he would be shown the door. Why should Ross be different?

As the Sheriff he will be called upon to make tough disciplinary decisions. Deputies and civilian employees in his department will break the law. How can he make the tough call to fire someone etc., when he himself is on active probation and in domestic violence counseling? This is the reality of running a law enforcement agency. Ross has blown his credibility. Please try to honestly answer that question to yourself. I doubt you will. Everytime I pose that question, all the Ross supporters totally ignore it and rail on about how he is being treat unfairly.

If you want what is best for the City and not what is best for Ross, then it is clear- he needs to go.

Posted by Dnative on May. 09, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

condemning Ross for his abusive and violent behavior towards his wife. and most ordinary SF residents and voters are appalled by Ross too - polls indicate about 70% want Ross gone.

Posted by Guest on May. 09, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

Yeah, all the major DV support groups that get City funding. You get what you pay for.

Posted by Guest on May. 09, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

Clearly anyone who disagrees with your grandma level analysis of the situation on this site and other sites is a paid operative of any of the multitude of groups whose sole goal is to persecute Ross Mirkarimi

Posted by greg on May. 09, 2012 @ 5:27 pm

paid to do so, otherwise nobody would, right?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 @ 5:42 am

THE SHERIFFS CASE IS BECOMING A DRAG OF HE SAY SHE SAY. WHAT USE IS POLITICS IF IT IS STRAIGHT FORWORD. WHY NOT APPLY THE SOLOMON PRINCIPLE AND CUT THIS CASE INTO TWO. aLLOW THE VOTERS TO THROW THE SHERIFF OUT OF OFFICE. tHE MAYOR MAY RUN FOR A HIGHER OFFICE AFTER A STSY IN ROOM 200. tHE POLITICS OF REVENGE IS NOT WWHAT HUMANITY IS ALL ABOUT

Posted by GuestANONYMOUS on May. 10, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

In a criminal trial, a man's liberty is at stake. That's why we have strict rules for evidence and a burden of proof.

But this is more like a disciplinary hearing at work. And anyone who has done something bad at work knows that the process isn't "fair and balanced". The employer has the power because the employer is paying the employee to do a job. They are entitled to impose their own disciplinary process and have their own rules.

In the end, Ross was an employee of the city and is subject to the rules and powers that that employer chooses to retain for themselves. If Ross doesn't play by the rules, he can be investigated, punished and fired. No different than for any of the rest of us.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 @ 2:33 pm

This became an abomination because the jackass former sheriff refused to do the honorable thing and resigned. SFBG is a disgusting apologist for Mirkarimi (Just a "misdemeanor" after all....as if our law enforcement officials should be held to that low of a standard... "you know, he was only convicted of a misdemeanor"). You are right - it is not a criminal court. Mirkarimi was offered a day in court and chose instead to accept a conviction of guilt as a plea bargain. He doesn't get a fair trial as if he were in court because...wait for it...he's not in court.

Posted by Guest on May. 10, 2012 @ 3:47 pm

This whole thing is not about Mirkarimi or Lopez. At least not from the point of view of DV groups. Their agenda is to demonize and attack the whole idea of a family. Mirkarimi and Lopez are just convenient punching bags. Through an unholy alliance with political opponents of Mirkarimi they have made this fiasco. Political opponents better be careful because their "allies" will turn on them as they did on Mirkarimi.

These self appointed "Domestic Violence" groups are the greatest perpetrators of violence that I have known. Their disregard for desires of the supposed "victim". Their hateful and vindictive treatment of men and their apathy towards welfare of children speaks volumes. I am really sickened by people like Upton and the rest of her gang.

No good person would go for breaking a family as the first resort. These DV types show a deep hatred of traditional families. If the get their way family will be no more. They cannot imagine a family of a man; woman and children may actually be a good thing and work.

Posted by Avkanediv on May. 14, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

I'm posting this from a perfect, peaceful, exquisitely tiled riad in Marrakech (haha - suck it, bitches!) and, since I arrived, I haven't taken a single peep at the SFBG site. That means, for two wonderful weeks, my life has been exorcised of Ross Mirkarimi and his drama queen wife what's-her-name, disingenuous from the get-go mayors, cornball Downtown powerbrokers, communist bike messengers with $3000 a month drug habits and limited edition Nikes, superior acting and unbelievably entitled homeless dudes with $3000 a month drug habits and limited edition Nikes, Douchebag Christian Conservatives who are waaaaayyy too concerned with what's going on in everyone else's bedroom (sorry Deacon, I don't give a fuck about Jesus), Mission Hipsters who actually think it's a revolutionary act when they smash some working man's car, trans-feminist transexual Buddhist guest editorial authors (I'm a Buddhist, so what I'm about to tell you may be too spiritual for you to fully understand), Tim Redmond and his moronic theories and his endless and embarrassingly apologetic admissions to smoking pot

Posted by RamRod on May. 14, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

All in all, I'd rather be in Marrakesh.

Posted by Guest on May. 14, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

I'm posting this from a perfectly peaceful and exquisitely tiled riad in Marrakech (haha - suck it, bitches!) and, since I arrived, I haven't taken a single peep at the SFBG site. That means, for two wonderful weeks, my life has been completely and miraculously exorcised of

bullying sheriffs who need to man-handle a woman in order to feel like they don't have a little dick

disingenuous from-the-get-go mayors (it's super cool that you're Asian and everything, but I'm never going to vote for you unless you quit the campaign shenanigans)

cornball "Downtown" power brokers and their playa-hater BFFs (pimpin' at easy, y'all)

Trotskyite bike messengers with $3000 a month drug habits and limited edition Nikes

ridiculously entitled homeless dudes with $3000 a month drug habits and limited edition Nikes

"Progressive" Jews who are ridiculously unProgressive about Palestinians

Palestinians who claim that the donation jar on the counter of their corner store is for war-orphans when they're really using it to throw farewell parties for suicide bombers (did you see the novelty cake, Hussain? It's shaped like a dead Jew! Allahu Akbar!)

Douche-bag Christian Conservatives who are waaaaayyy too concerned with what's going on in everyone else's bedroom (sorry Deacon, I don't give a fuck about Jesus. Now either lube-up or get the fuck out!)

trans-Feminist transexual Buddhist guest editorial authors (I'm a Buddhist, so what I'm about to tell you may be too spiritual for you to fully understand)

White people who blame every single problem in the world on White people yet somehow exempt themselves from judgement because they like to dance to socially-conscious hip hop

Minorities who are barely even Minorities yet act like they personally survived an attempted genocide just because they felt a little marginalized while growing up (did you know that Ross Mirkarimi went to a mostly-White high school? He's so brave... so, so brave)

Mission Hipsters who actually think it's a brave revolutionary act when they smash some working man's Minivan

Tim Redmond with his moronic theories and his endless and embarrassing admissions about smoking pot (Seriously, Tim, Weed? Still? Aren't you like 50 years old?)

goddamn scumbag 1%-er multi-millionaire tax-dodgers who post self righteous blogs about all the OTHER goddamn scumbag 1%-er multi-millionaire tax-dodgers (no, Bruce, I can't actually prove it)

Cole Valley DINK couples who're pull in a combined 350K a year yet still proudly proclaim themselves as middle-class for some reason...

Whew! Well, I could go on and on. Suffice it to say, there's nothing like getting away from things to give one some perspective. So this is my farewell post. I'm done. No more commenting, no more trolling, no more arguing, no more joking around, no more two-bit philosophizing, no more nothing. I wish I could say no more reading the SFBG but who am I kidding. It's really good for taking your mind of your troubles for 20 minutes or so while your in the bathroom wrangling with that Indian dinner you had earlier in the evening.

Farewell everyone, I hate you all (especially you, Greg)!

- RamRod

Posted by RamRod on May. 14, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

Double-post. OK, THIS is my very, very last post ever :)

Posted by RamRod on May. 14, 2012 @ 2:47 pm

You say you're a Buddhist? I never read such a disgusting, hate-filled rant in my life...so lacking in compassion or humanity. Good riddance, I say.

Posted by Guest on May. 14, 2012 @ 3:29 pm

Millions of people have been killed in the name of religions.

Posted by Guest on May. 14, 2012 @ 3:55 pm

- - Millions of people have been killed in the name of religions.

So? Where did ram-rod say that religion is incompatible with hate?

- - And you've obviously not observed the American political landscape so much. RamRod identified the religious right as one of his targets for scorn, among all the usual SF suspects.

I don't know, he sounded dead on about the SF political cluster fuck to me. I guess to you, if ram-rod doesn't conform to any of the established political philosophies, then he hasn't observed them enough. Not everyone is a sheep who believes agrees with all of a political party's positions for just because he might agree with 1 or 2 of their beliefs.

And, like ram-rod, I personally have a lot of scorn for most religions too. Why is it inconceivable to you that other people can be very spiritual without the need to join a organized religion? I counted criticisms of 3 out of the 4 biggest religions in his post, The usual San Francisco Suspects are just as worthy of derision as the hypocrites running the Republican party. Plenty of derision to go around it seems.

Posted by Guest on May. 14, 2012 @ 5:48 pm

Read his post again. Where does it say anything about his being a Buddhist? Practice your reading skills and you may soon raise your IQ to the triple digits.

Good luck!

Posted by Guest on May. 14, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

wonder how long the corproate chain that OWNS this "paper" will put up with nonsense like this?

I predict there'll be a weekly paper called the Guardian in 2013. it'll be mostly ads, and will no longer defend wife beaters.

if only ross had used a condom, he'd be free and clear of this mess. OOPS.

Posted by Ross Stinks on May. 14, 2012 @ 2:53 pm

how Ivory Madison describes herself on the inside cover of her female vengeance superhero comic book,"The Huntress"? or has Ms. Madison hurriedly tried to hide all the copies?

Posted by Guest on Jun. 26, 2012 @ 10:19 am

Pretty decent post. I just stumbled upon your site and wanted to say that I have in reality enjoyed reading your web site posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Posted by ugg アウトレット on Dec. 11, 2012 @ 4:51 pm