He's running on all of his triumphs at Bain,
But some say the Democrats refrain
From saying Bain's gain was at times inhumane
(Because of its strategy aiming to drain
A company's treasure, no matter what pain
Is caused to the workers whom it won't retain).
Yes, Bain did some good, its defenders explain:
Some pension funds shared in its capital gain.
So vulture's a label for Mitt they disdain--
Though buzzard's OK, and is just as germane.
Calvin Trillin, Deadline Poet, The Nation June 18, 2012
Most Commented On
- Actually, they don't take the - May 24, 2013
- Street music - May 24, 2013
- time is relative - May 24, 2013
- Pro-jobs means being in favor of the creation of jobs in SF. - May 24, 2013
- It doesn't matter where the workers come from. - May 24, 2013
- I went to the neighbor - May 24, 2013
- Because using out of town - May 24, 2013
- Because the mayor claims to - May 24, 2013
- this person needs to see - May 24, 2013
- Angel? Venom? Wendell? Pick any name you like. - May 24, 2013