"Casino mogul Sheldon Adelson is on the brink of reaching $71 million in contributions thus far in this election cycle."
Yes, money is speech, so the court has decreed.
While Adelson thinks this is splendid,
The rest of us wonder, as cash calls the tune,
Is this what the Framers intended?
Calvin Trillin: Deadline Poet (The Nation, 7/23/2012)
Most Commented On
- You can add Welch to that list. He bought a TIC. - July 30, 2014
- Wait a minute. Weren't you - July 30, 2014
- TnFbkbUNvf - July 30, 2014
- You described marcos as a "Green Party Leader" - July 30, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - July 30, 2014
- ZnqREtAeaeh - July 30, 2014
- I want the type of housing Marc Solomon has - July 30, 2014
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 30, 2014
- He would never help a homeless person - July 30, 2014
- What i know about you is that commenting on blogs is - July 30, 2014