"Casino mogul Sheldon Adelson is on the brink of reaching $71 million in contributions thus far in this election cycle."
Yes, money is speech, so the court has decreed.
While Adelson thinks this is splendid,
The rest of us wonder, as cash calls the tune,
Is this what the Framers intended?
Calvin Trillin: Deadline Poet (The Nation, 7/23/2012)
Most Commented On
- Nice post - June 19, 2013
- "At will employment" means you can fire at will - June 19, 2013
- I agree with Marcos' point 1. - June 19, 2013
- Barhin K Bhatt Possible - June 19, 2013
- Guardian endorsements - June 19, 2013
- I said it's arguable - June 19, 2013
- Gold and ink - June 19, 2013
- Marcos requiring registration won't work for at least 3 reasons. - June 19, 2013
- You appear to be simultaneously suggesting that SFBG should - June 19, 2013
- Suggested to Tim a long time - June 19, 2013