Do you believe Eliana?
After more than five months of legal and political wrangling, after criminal prosecution and a guilty plea, misconduct charges that are costing both sides hundreds of thousands of dollars, and lengthy hearings at the Ethics Commission, the case against Ross Mirkarimi comes down to a simple question: Do you believe Eliana?
Because if you believe Eliana Lopez, and, tangentially, Linette Peralta Haynes, and take the testimony the two women have given under oath as credible, then the entire prosecution turns into something between a misguided disaster and a mean-spirited political vendetta.
Most Commented On
- And since when is a incessant - June 19, 2013
- I guess - June 19, 2013
- Apostrophes again. - June 19, 2013
- The brand here was designed - June 19, 2013
- nope, I meant apostrophes - June 19, 2013
- Back to reality, anon guest. - June 19, 2013
- No, Marcos, an ideology that cannot tolerate dissent, nor - June 19, 2013
- Any chance you'll post your - June 19, 2013
- compensation - June 19, 2013
- In the same way that Redmond - June 19, 2013