(A 2012 version of the Wonderful Town classic)
With the rest of the states either solidly red or solidly blue,
the election will be decided by nine or ten swing states.
Why oh why oh why oh?
Why did I ever leave Ohio?
Why did I locate where, since it's no swing state,
Pollsters don't trouble to track?
Zero is my vote's weight.
Reason to vote? That's what I lack.
Oh why oh why oh did I leave Ohio?
Maybe I better go O-H-I-O,
Where I could have my vote back.
Calvin Trillin: Deadine Poet: (the Nation)
Most Commented On
- Track record - July 26, 2014
- IXmOYHVCjoQGYm - July 26, 2014
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 26, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 26, 2014
- Toxic Turf. - July 26, 2014
- ZpoyYPMxgxyVWaj - July 26, 2014
- FXbMIGeEyTf - July 26, 2014
- A green San Francisco? - July 26, 2014
- we covered that this week - July 26, 2014
- I understand that the SFBC - July 26, 2014