Calvin Trillin: Deadine poet: Calling in the Humanizer Man
Analysts say that Romney campaign strategists face the challenge of humanizing their candidate.
They'd like it if this man the folks are seeing
Resembled more an actual human being.
For that he'd need some warmth and schmaltz and soul;
Then he'd appear less plastic and more whole.
So in their dreams of triumph they aspire
To show that their guy bleeds and may perspire.
This can be done at once, without delay:
Tne Humanizer Man is on his way.
Yes, any candidate with boardlike stiffness
Can be adjusted with surprising swiftness.
Tbe Humanizer Man's done this before.
Though he fell short of loosening Al Gore,
He's had a host of triumphs in his day.
So if Mitt's men believe, to their dismay,
Their man's as human as a Charolais.
No need to cry, "Caramba!" or "Oy vey!"
For everything is going to be OK.
To give him hope you only have to say,
"The Humanizer Man is on his way."
Calvin Trillin: Deadline Poet (the Nation, (9/24/2012)
Most Commented On
- Sunday parking meters might - April 23, 2014
- HOW DR.OYALOSPELLHOME@GMAIL.COM HELP ME SOLVE MY PROBLEM. - April 23, 2014
- I NEED A RELL SPELL CASTER WHO WILL BRING MY EX BACK CONTACT - April 23, 2014
- AN URGENT CURE TO YOUR HIV/AIDS NOW - April 23, 2014
- i am filled with joy in my heart thank you doctor ogogodu for yo - April 23, 2014
- marriage - April 23, 2014
- thanks to dr Abuko - April 23, 2014
- San Francisco city management - April 23, 2014
- Another, “good look'n out” by - April 23, 2014
- Dead Weight Losses - April 23, 2014