Calvin Trillin: Deadine poet: Calling in the Humanizer Man
Analysts say that Romney campaign strategists face the challenge of humanizing their candidate.
They'd like it if this man the folks are seeing
Resembled more an actual human being.
For that he'd need some warmth and schmaltz and soul;
Then he'd appear less plastic and more whole.
So in their dreams of triumph they aspire
To show that their guy bleeds and may perspire.
This can be done at once, without delay:
Tne Humanizer Man is on his way.
Yes, any candidate with boardlike stiffness
Can be adjusted with surprising swiftness.
Tbe Humanizer Man's done this before.
Though he fell short of loosening Al Gore,
He's had a host of triumphs in his day.
So if Mitt's men believe, to their dismay,
Their man's as human as a Charolais.
No need to cry, "Caramba!" or "Oy vey!"
For everything is going to be OK.
To give him hope you only have to say,
"The Humanizer Man is on his way."
Calvin Trillin: Deadline Poet (the Nation, (9/24/2012)
Most Commented On
- In other words, - May 25, 2013
- Remember this infamous anti-gay scout leader? - May 25, 2013
- They're attempting to appeal - May 25, 2013
- End time - May 25, 2013
- Nope, the "other side" actually want the poeple to have the - May 25, 2013
- show times - May 25, 2013
- Advice on Seats - May 25, 2013
- The GOP were also written off in 2008 when Obama won and then - May 25, 2013
- "We never miss a chance to prove how politically savvy we are" - May 25, 2013
- Some do; some don't. - May 25, 2013