"Amid discord, Romney Seeks to Sharpen Message on his Agenda."
--The New York Times
We've got to go now hell for leather.
We've got to get our act together,
'Cause even right-wing pundits say
That this campaign's in disarray.
With our endeavor such a mess
We find it difficult to press
Our message that this country needs
A man who's proven by his deeds
That he can turn a firm around,
That he is someone who's renowned
For skills in management writ large.
But wait: that's who we've got in charge.
Calvin Trillin: Deadline Poet: The Nation (10/8/2012)
Most Commented On
- What is "staggering expense" if City doesn't repair potholes? - May 22, 2013
- Enjoy our clothing free lifestyle! - May 22, 2013
- Are you Single and a Nudist? - May 22, 2013
- nudist dating - May 22, 2013
- Public employee unions suck... - May 21, 2013
- interesting - May 21, 2013
- SFMTA chief hopes to calm the parking meter furor at - May 21, 2013
- after first person dealing with progressives - May 21, 2013
- Xorauguynafnvji - May 21, 2013
- Mission of the Commons has - May 21, 2013