- This Week
07.09.06 - 5:46 pm | Tim Redmond |
By Tim Redmond
That was one great party Sunday in Dolores Park. Some former teacher from Germany named Jens-Peter Jungclaussen organized it, and with nothing (as far as I could tell) except word-of-mouth and email promotion, at least 10,000 people showed up.
So yeah, soccer has hit the big time in San Francisco. But I have to wonder: why did some guy whose life's work is called Teacher With the Bus have to organize this? What do they do all day at the Department of Recreation and Parks, anyway?
Most Commented On
- And every SFBG article isn't a tantrum against the right? - May 22, 2013
- PC? SF is looking evermore - May 22, 2013
- Wow, Guest, so your point is that those who pay the most taxes - May 22, 2013
- Speak for yourself - May 22, 2013
- Then throw the rich out - May 22, 2013
- "Caring about people" in SFBG terms means wanting higher taxes. - May 22, 2013
- Xorauguynavjlhh - May 22, 2013
- So what? As always, the smart folks will adapt and those who - May 22, 2013
- Chromefields, projecting much? - May 22, 2013
- I think that every person should care about themselves and - May 22, 2013