- This Week
07.10.06 - 3:41 pm | Cheryl Eddy |
By Cheryl Eddy
Kudos to Peaches Christ and the Midnight Mass gang for, like, totally freaking us out with this past weekend's excellently trashy Beyond the Valley of the Dolls event. (Read our breathless pre-show coverage here.)
The Whoa Nellies kicked off the show with Carrie Nations covers, including a smokin' "Sweet Talkin' Candy Man," and Peaches' Z-Man ensemble was to die for (and maybe even cut heads off for). In attendance: the quite well-preserved trio of Marcia "Petronella" McBroom, Erica "Roxanne" Gavin, and the original Z-Man himself, John La Zar (a San Francisco native, as it turns out).
The Friday night crowd was awesome, as Midnight Mass crowds always are...the film looked spectacular on the big screen, as it always does.
P.S. In case you were wondering (and you know you were), the most famous boobs ever to appear in a Russ Meyer movie -- yep, Z-Man's! -- are now framed and hanging on McBroom's NYC living room wall.
Most Commented On
- Terrorism - July 24, 2014
- http://nhts.ornl.gov/2009/pub - July 24, 2014
- The cause of the Palestinian people - July 24, 2014
- Being a piece of shit bigot - July 24, 2014
- I didn't read anywhere in the article... - July 24, 2014
- Nobody really cares who is sheriff because it is not a policy - July 24, 2014
- LOL, so if you win an election, it's the voice of the people? - July 24, 2014
- Being gay is better than being straight. Didn't you know? - July 24, 2014
- www.purvoyance.fr - July 24, 2014
- But mostly - July 24, 2014