- This Week
07.10.06 - 10:04 am | Tim Redmond |
By Tim Redmond
The Chron picked up the New York Times story on the world cup, by Jere Longman, which includes this line:"star midfielder Zinedine Zidane was ejected in overtime for committing an astonishing act of unsportsmanlike behavior." Longman later described the head-butt as "a flagrant abuse of any notion of fair play and perhaps permanently stained a soccer career that many considered to be the world's pre-eminent of the past 20 years."
I wouldn't give Monseiur Zidane any medals for sportsmanship, but come on. In the annals of sports history, this was pretty modest stuff.
Most Commented On
- "Manhattanization" is not what makes a town boring! - May 22, 2013
- SF Pride's board demonstrated - May 22, 2013
- Sad. You must be in a really - May 22, 2013
- Bridging the gap between homelessness and function-ability - May 22, 2013
- Means Testing would be fair, - May 22, 2013
- ahhh.., such a magical - May 22, 2013
- Pets are one of the most - May 22, 2013
- Yes, we know, - May 22, 2013
- My husband and i say this all the time. - May 22, 2013
- then move.. - May 22, 2013