- This Week
07.10.06 - 10:04 am | Tim Redmond |
By Tim Redmond
The Chron picked up the New York Times story on the world cup, by Jere Longman, which includes this line:"star midfielder Zinedine Zidane was ejected in overtime for committing an astonishing act of unsportsmanlike behavior." Longman later described the head-butt as "a flagrant abuse of any notion of fair play and perhaps permanently stained a soccer career that many considered to be the world's pre-eminent of the past 20 years."
I wouldn't give Monseiur Zidane any medals for sportsmanship, but come on. In the annals of sports history, this was pretty modest stuff.
Most Commented On
- Why is it always an external - December 13, 2013
- You bought 32 Adair from - December 13, 2013
- Yeah, when the bike nuts say "hey, it works in Holland" - December 13, 2013
- Cocaine works as well, as - December 13, 2013
- It has worked. Take a look at your year-end 401K statement - December 13, 2013
- The point is that the demand for homeless services is infinite - December 13, 2013
- CM - December 13, 2013
- Amsterdam is flat - December 13, 2013
- Expanding the balance sheet - December 13, 2013
- Excellent point - December 13, 2013