- This Week
07.10.06 - 10:04 am | Tim Redmond |
By Tim Redmond
The Chron picked up the New York Times story on the world cup, by Jere Longman, which includes this line:"star midfielder Zinedine Zidane was ejected in overtime for committing an astonishing act of unsportsmanlike behavior." Longman later described the head-butt as "a flagrant abuse of any notion of fair play and perhaps permanently stained a soccer career that many considered to be the world's pre-eminent of the past 20 years."
I wouldn't give Monseiur Zidane any medals for sportsmanship, but come on. In the annals of sports history, this was pretty modest stuff.
Most Commented On
- Big Talker, do you EVER take - May 22, 2013
- Bad Jaywalking does. - May 22, 2013
- "Colen and other panelists - May 22, 2013
- There's an article that addresses this issue in... - May 22, 2013
- Your repulsive. - May 22, 2013
- Lil Reese - May 22, 2013
- What is "staggering expense" if City doesn't repair potholes? - May 22, 2013
- nudist dating - May 22, 2013
- Public employee unions suck... - May 21, 2013
- interesting - May 21, 2013