- This Week
09.18.06 - 6:32 pm | Tim Redmond |
By Tim Redmond
When I was in college, my friend Dave formed a group called Rastifarians for an Inherited Papacy. (Think about it -- Pope. Kids. Sex. Female heirs. As we said back then, Whoa ...) That pretty much reflected my views on the institution of the Papacy.
Even the good nuns and priests at my Catholic middle school couldn't convince me of the Pope thing; I've never been much for humans who claim to hear the exclusive word of God. I had plenty of problems with JPII.
But this is different. We don't just have a Pope who's kind of a wanker; we have a really BAD Pope. A bad man, a consumate asshole, a real evil presence as the head of 1 billion religious souls. Holy shit.
Most Commented On
- They're attempting to appeal - May 25, 2013
- End time - May 25, 2013
- Nope, the "other side" actually want the poeple to have the - May 25, 2013
- show times - May 25, 2013
- Advice on Seats - May 25, 2013
- The GOP were also written off in 2008 when Obama won and then - May 25, 2013
- "We never miss a chance to prove how politically savvy we are" - May 25, 2013
- Some do; some don't. - May 25, 2013
- Because they don't want to admit they're the patsies. - May 25, 2013
- My bad. Apologies to the real Starchild. - May 25, 2013