- This Week
09.18.06 - 6:32 pm | Tim Redmond |
By Tim Redmond
When I was in college, my friend Dave formed a group called Rastifarians for an Inherited Papacy. (Think about it -- Pope. Kids. Sex. Female heirs. As we said back then, Whoa ...) That pretty much reflected my views on the institution of the Papacy.
Even the good nuns and priests at my Catholic middle school couldn't convince me of the Pope thing; I've never been much for humans who claim to hear the exclusive word of God. I had plenty of problems with JPII.
But this is different. We don't just have a Pope who's kind of a wanker; we have a really BAD Pope. A bad man, a consumate asshole, a real evil presence as the head of 1 billion religious souls. Holy shit.
Most Commented On
- FLkyXhOlYKUEYFqR - April 18, 2014
- MaTyjnUVgg - April 18, 2014
- OcyjxZQpLjtVfDgtVQa - April 18, 2014
- ZHXpfhPVpo - April 18, 2014
- NwANHRyAHtphIaBTNZKi - April 18, 2014
- Wrong, Steven, the "Guest" made no cogent arguments. - April 18, 2014
- I like the band - April 18, 2014
- Steven, the percentage of scientists who support global warming - April 18, 2014
- TOAkcLPchHMnOYM - April 18, 2014
- In other words... - April 18, 2014