- This Week
09.18.06 - 6:32 pm | Tim Redmond |
By Tim Redmond
When I was in college, my friend Dave formed a group called Rastifarians for an Inherited Papacy. (Think about it -- Pope. Kids. Sex. Female heirs. As we said back then, Whoa ...) That pretty much reflected my views on the institution of the Papacy.
Even the good nuns and priests at my Catholic middle school couldn't convince me of the Pope thing; I've never been much for humans who claim to hear the exclusive word of God. I had plenty of problems with JPII.
But this is different. We don't just have a Pope who's kind of a wanker; we have a really BAD Pope. A bad man, a consumate asshole, a real evil presence as the head of 1 billion religious souls. Holy shit.
Most Commented On
- It's precisely because I care about San Franciscans that I do - July 25, 2014
- Liberals and Change - July 25, 2014
- So when blacks complain about racial prejudice do you tell them - July 25, 2014
- You hate San Franciscans and - July 25, 2014
- The problem, Emma, is that you are quick to put out - July 25, 2014
- So you are denying ever making stereotypes about whites? - July 25, 2014
- The soccer fields are about 0.001% of GGPark - July 25, 2014
- I would vote AGAINST putting - July 25, 2014
- People who live in San - July 25, 2014
- What could be healthier than - July 25, 2014