- This Week
04.23.07 - 8:41 am | Steven T. Jones |
By Steven T. Jones
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg (who happens to be a Republican) yesterday unveiled a bold plan to have his city become the most energy efficient and environmentally sustainable big city in the country.
C'mon, San Francisco, are we going to take that? Maybe it's time for Mayor Gavin Newsom and the Board of Supervisors to finally step up and go big (or to actually act on some of the big ideas that have been thrown out, from tidal power to a completed bicycle network to more solar rooftops) . At the very least, we should support Sup. Jake McGoldrick's plan for a congestion pricing system for those driving into the downtown core, which London has done successfully and Bloomberg is now proposing for NYC.
Most Commented On
- Great Piece On Mayor Disappearing CleanPower From Climate Action - March 12, 2014
- AirBnb bring in a crazy - March 12, 2014
- FREE GAME CODES - March 12, 2014
- I think it is something like that - March 12, 2014
- The goal of eliminating ALL pedestrian deaths - March 12, 2014
- What I think this is... - March 12, 2014
- That's the point. Steven has - March 12, 2014
- I hate to tell you there's - March 12, 2014
- The fire started during the working day and so that alone makes - March 12, 2014
- Wait, please help, this one is too incoherent for me - March 12, 2014