- This Week
04.30.07 - 3:21 pm | sfbg |
By Tim Redmond
You can scroll down a bit and see all of my observations from the state Democratic Convention in San Diego, but now that I'm back, a few last thoughts (until I have more last thoughts):
The most bizarre statement by a major candidate: Hillary Clinton saying that we need to bring illegal immigrants "out of the shadows" -- so we can track them in case they're terrorists.
The most startling fact: Unless I missed something, John Edwards was the only major presidential candidate who mentioned the word "poverty."
Worst sense of history: Assembly speaker Fabian Nunez calling the era of the Clinton presidency "the golden years."
Loser: Hillary Clinton, who started off great but lost the crowd, and got heckled, when she timidly got into Iraq. .
Disappointment: Barack Obama, who came in like a rock star, spoke brilliantly,was great on the war, but offered few specifics and didn't stop to talk to the press.
Winner: John Edwards didn't get to speak until Sunday morning, but I agree with Paul Hogarth: He turned around more delegates than anyone else.
Best speech: hands down, Maxine Waters
Most Commented On
- Nonsense. BMR housing has limits on resale price. - December 18, 2013
- I believe I was called by that poll - December 18, 2013
- Thick. Dense. I'll draw you - December 18, 2013
- This is all just silly. - December 18, 2013
- Incorrect. I didn't vote for - December 18, 2013
- Zero accountability is the name of the game amongst - December 18, 2013
- You have eleven more to go then. - December 18, 2013
- I find you amusing :) Here's - December 18, 2013
- Here is the poll...enjoy denying it! - December 18, 2013
- The first step - December 18, 2013