- This Week
06.25.08 - 2:00 pm | Amanda Witherell |
Munchies from Chez Panisse, Millenium, and Serpentine. Cubes of jack and cheddar from Spring Hill Cheese Company. Maybe a glass of sangiovese from Long Meadow Ranch or a rose from Berkeley’s Donkey and Goat winery. Cap it off with a slice of Mission Pie and scoops from Bi-Rite Creamery.
Damn. It would take all day to scoot around sampling all that, but they’ll be serving up together on Thursday down at Fort Mason, celebrating the annual release of the Bay Area Local Food Guide.
Coordinated by Community Alliance with Family Farmers http://www.caff.org/ “ target=”blank_”>(CAFF), the food guide is the primer of all things locally grown, grilled, and garnished. Listings include farms, wineries, markets, restaurants, caterers, bakers, and food artisans, and the implicit mission is to make more people travel less for sustenance.
CAFF's raison d'etre is to link the people who grow the food with the people who cook it, sell it, and enjoy it. Skyrocketing food and fuel prices make the ideal of "buying local" even more of an imperative, so if you've been searching for the perfect CSA to deliver you a box of fresh veggies every week, or you've been meaning to somehow get more locally-grown food into your business' bottom line...or you just like to eat lots of good food with fun people, maybe I'll see you there.
The event is happening Thursday, June 26 from 4:30 to 8:30 pm.
Tickets are $30 and going fast at: www.BrownPaperTickets.com/event/34995
Check here for more details, a schedule of events, and a full list of foodies and drinkers.
Most Commented On
- Likewise, when cyclists ride on the sidewalk or fail to stop at - March 7, 2014
- Anyone associated with Occupy is unelectable - March 7, 2014
- total validation - March 7, 2014
- Every single boondoggled public works project, like the Bay - March 7, 2014
- If he is less than 100% behind cops and business, then he will - March 7, 2014
- When will people call an end - March 7, 2014
- Walk SF basically says that - March 7, 2014
- SNCF - the French national railway operator - March 7, 2014
- Pro Oakland - March 7, 2014
- Skake it Up - March 7, 2014