Send items for Alerts to email@example.com
Dance Across the Golden Gate Bridge SE end of eastern walkway of Golden Gate Bridge, SF. tinyurl.com/vdaybridge. 10-11am, free. Show your love for a global movement of women on the rise. Converge on the walkway of the iconic Golden Gate with CODEPINK and One Billion Rising for a morning of singing, dancing, drumming and weaving of red ribbons. Launched by V-Day, an organization founded by Eve Ensler, creator the of Vagina Monologues, One Billion Rising is a global movement calling for an end to violence against women across the globe. RSVP requested.
Show your love for the rebellious St. Valentine Sunrise Restaurant, 3126 24th St, SF. 6-9pm, price of food purchase. The Center for Political Education's radical take on Valentine's Day sends our hearts aflutter: "Centuries ago, a determined St. Valentine refused the war machine of his time by marrying couples in defiance of Roman Emperor Claudius II, who'd banned marriage for fear that married soldiers would not want to go to battle." To commemorate that valiant act of civil disobedience, Sunrise Restaurant will serve up some lovingly prepared Salvadoran food and donate 10 percent of all proceeds to the CPE. Featuring music by DJ Eric Brewer Cuentos, Valentine's cookies, and a program honoring CPE co-founders and long-time collective contributors.
Generations: Black LGBT History Experiences African American Art & Culture Complex, 762 Fulton, SF. (415) 487-8022, www.facebook.com/GenerationsBlackLgbtHistory. 6-9pm, free. February is Black History Month, and the third annual Generations event will celebrate the lives of Black LGBT individuals throughout history. Food, entertainment, art, film and HIV/STD testing. Sponsored by the African American Health Disparities Project, Afro Solo, AIDS Project of the East Bay, Bayard Rustin LGBT Coalition and a host of others.
Most Commented On
- Yeah, it's a damn shame San - December 9, 2013
- There are shelters for the homeless nut many of them choose - December 9, 2013
- Autism Spectrum Disorder - December 9, 2013
- "It's a power thing for us - December 9, 2013
- CAREERS AND ED: Bend over, boardroom - December 9, 2013
- Am thanking Dr SHAVAI for helping me bring my lost husband bca - December 9, 2013
- So tired of people from - December 9, 2013
- Brilliant post! I certainly - December 9, 2013
- My husband dumped me 3 months - December 8, 2013
- voyage cambodge - December 8, 2013