Hear from female innovators in media 111 Minna, SF. Event open to those 21 and older. 6pm drinks, 7pm presentations, free. Facebook: Her Girl Friday. Her Girl Friday, a Brooklyn-based group that produces events with concrete takeaways for women in journalism, hosts four dynamic speakers: Ann Friedman, former executive editor of GOOD magazine; Martina Castro, co-founder of Radio Ambulante, a new podcast which aims to tell the compelling and diverse stories of Latin America in Spanish; Katy Newton, a multimedia journalist, and Mimi Chakarova, a photographer and filmmaker covering global issues examining conflict, corruption and the sex trade. Music by DJ Mirissa Neff.
Forum: Fight coal exports in the west 518 Valencia, SF. Escobar.email@example.com. 6:30-9:30pm, $5-20 sliding scale. Across the Northwest, a coalition of environmentalists and landowners have come together to fight back and stop the development of Big Coal's vital infrastructure. This forum and fundraiser for the Coal Export Action will include a report-back and panel on Western coal exports, video screenings, snacks and booze. Hosted by Rising Tide North America.
Meeting: Transgender month of action LGBT Center, 1800 Market Street, SF. tinyurl.com/trans312. 7pm, free. Throughout March, organizations including Pride at Work, the SEIU Lavender Caucus, the National Center for Transgender Equality, and the Transgender Law Center will partner in asking unions, labor councils and state federations to pledge to bargain for trans-inclusive health benefits, and to sign a Trans Health Benefits Bargaining pledge form. This event, co-sponsored by the Harvey Milk LGBT Democratic Club, the Trans March, TGSF, and SEIU 1021 Lavender Caucus, will feature a host of speakers and elected representatives who will all come together to discuss trans health benefits.
Most Commented On
- The Car Lobby - December 4, 2013
- The fantasy world - December 4, 2013
- Can you quit when you have already been fired? - December 4, 2013
- Cars Kill 100 Times As Many Pedestrians As Bicycles - December 4, 2013
- Not to mention free pensions and healthcare. - December 4, 2013
- Since I do not support conscription, it follows that my view is - December 4, 2013
- What other groups of people do you hate that much based on a - December 4, 2013
- Affordability issues were not mentioned in the article at all? - December 4, 2013
- The answer, dear friends, is to spend more money - December 4, 2013
- So your talk about - December 4, 2013