That's a line from Protokol's "Moving Forward", who played at the I Heart Comix party at the Beauty Bar. They remind me a lot of the Killers and the Bravery. Let's see if there's room for them on ever shifting fickleness of pop.
Wolfmother also played at the same party, and I'm so glad they're playing a lot of shows at this festival 'cause they F*ing rock! They're an energetic 3-piece with the keyboard player holding down bass duties on a porta- Hammond.
Bransen was OK. They played at Red 7.
Helio's Creed was OK. Their brand of psychedelia was too heavy for me. Maybe I'm being too harsh. Check 'em out: http://www.helios-creed.com
The Like were likeable. They played a packed house at Elysium.
The Gossip was fantastic! The lead singer had authority, and she had no qualms telling the audience she had to correct some wedgie issues. That rules. I still don’t know how they did bass lines with no bassist. I guess the guitarist was handling it.
I missed Ian McLagan but met him afterward and some friends in front of the Whisky bar where he played. I heard it was a great show. He lives in Austin, and I hear he plays here often, so I’ll see ya’ next time I’m in town, Mac.
I decided to save my energy for the next day and not go to any after parties, but I still managed to stay out 'till 4:00 AM.
Most Commented On
- Lilli, you've admitted to trolling SFGATE and getting banned - May 22, 2013
- Then why don't you move to a less successful town - May 22, 2013
- Yet you cannot refute his points and - May 22, 2013
- The US has the highest rate of corporate tax in the West, so - May 22, 2013
- And you trust the government to run your healthcare? - May 22, 2013
- Why is it mentioned in the article? - May 22, 2013
- LOL, and "Johnny Venom" is your real name? - May 22, 2013
- The US owes 20 trillion including agency debt. - May 22, 2013
- The policy question is who adds value to SF? - May 22, 2013
- Let me get this - May 22, 2013