That's a line from Protokol's "Moving Forward", who played at the I Heart Comix party at the Beauty Bar. They remind me a lot of the Killers and the Bravery. Let's see if there's room for them on ever shifting fickleness of pop.
Wolfmother also played at the same party, and I'm so glad they're playing a lot of shows at this festival 'cause they F*ing rock! They're an energetic 3-piece with the keyboard player holding down bass duties on a porta- Hammond.
Bransen was OK. They played at Red 7.
Helio's Creed was OK. Their brand of psychedelia was too heavy for me. Maybe I'm being too harsh. Check 'em out: http://www.helios-creed.com
The Like were likeable. They played a packed house at Elysium.
The Gossip was fantastic! The lead singer had authority, and she had no qualms telling the audience she had to correct some wedgie issues. That rules. I still don’t know how they did bass lines with no bassist. I guess the guitarist was handling it.
I missed Ian McLagan but met him afterward and some friends in front of the Whisky bar where he played. I heard it was a great show. He lives in Austin, and I hear he plays here often, so I’ll see ya’ next time I’m in town, Mac.
I decided to save my energy for the next day and not go to any after parties, but I still managed to stay out 'till 4:00 AM.
Most Commented On
- Wrong question. - July 23, 2014
- Why ask such a silly - July 23, 2014
- "That's two more than they - July 23, 2014
- I nominate Greg to fly to Israel on the next Hamas - July 23, 2014
- OIJzTWkDWum - July 23, 2014
- Are there any - July 23, 2014
- What is the diversity profile - July 23, 2014
- I guess you have it all figured out. - July 23, 2014
- Ha... I love your racist and - July 23, 2014
- QWzfFRMQpa - July 23, 2014