That's a line from Protokol's "Moving Forward", who played at the I Heart Comix party at the Beauty Bar. They remind me a lot of the Killers and the Bravery. Let's see if there's room for them on ever shifting fickleness of pop.
Wolfmother also played at the same party, and I'm so glad they're playing a lot of shows at this festival 'cause they F*ing rock! They're an energetic 3-piece with the keyboard player holding down bass duties on a porta- Hammond.
Bransen was OK. They played at Red 7.
Helio's Creed was OK. Their brand of psychedelia was too heavy for me. Maybe I'm being too harsh. Check 'em out: http://www.helios-creed.com
The Like were likeable. They played a packed house at Elysium.
The Gossip was fantastic! The lead singer had authority, and she had no qualms telling the audience she had to correct some wedgie issues. That rules. I still don’t know how they did bass lines with no bassist. I guess the guitarist was handling it.
I missed Ian McLagan but met him afterward and some friends in front of the Whisky bar where he played. I heard it was a great show. He lives in Austin, and I hear he plays here often, so I’ll see ya’ next time I’m in town, Mac.
I decided to save my energy for the next day and not go to any after parties, but I still managed to stay out 'till 4:00 AM.
Most Commented On
- ''Kinda Creepy With All The Sex Shit'' - May 24, 2013
- True, Scram, I also get why Tim brought JW in. - May 24, 2013
- Plus, even skilled union - May 24, 2013
- Nah, Oakland is nowhere close to being gentrified. - May 24, 2013
- Another Thing I Learned On The Radio - May 24, 2013
- Yep, he is obviously feeling guilty about something. - May 24, 2013
- Tim Redmond... For real, this new guys sucks. Like, really bad. - May 24, 2013
- Oakland's gain is Oakland's - May 24, 2013
- touchy! Sorry you're so - May 24, 2013
- So, not even a hint of objectivity, impartiality and non-bias? - May 24, 2013