Stealth "special" appearances by Jane's Addiction/Perry Farrell, Norah Jones, and Flaming Lips? Those SXSW events were one-upped by a spontaneous session of the itty bitty titty club (and prominent potbelly chapter) when Peaches teamed with Dave Allen of Gang of Four for a DJ set at Friday night's V2/Dim Mak party, charmingly titled "Clusterfuck." That was sort of the vibe as Peaches and Allen spun Suicide-like beats, hard-edge dance numbers, and the Rezillos -- the most screwy aspect was all the endless Camel advertising/product placement going on. (And what was with all the cigarette giveaways at this year's fest?)
In any case, I confess I like Mistress P's style: She basically yelled at the crowd, ordered them to dance, and then jumped into the audience and moshed into me. It was like bouncing into a big, fluffy cinnamon bun -- Peaches smells just fine! And that's enough to make anyone dance.
Later a slew of burlesque dancers got onstage and shook it like a Polaroid land camera. Entertaining -- too bad it seemed to drive half the crowd away. Maybe Suicide Girl-style go-go schtick's moment has passed. Or perhaps the culture vultures would have stuck around if the ladies stripped and threw Camels... Now that would be a sight to see.
Most Commented On
- Wait a minute, Ed and Rose - August 1, 2014
- Yes, we should invest - August 1, 2014
- Then why not just say, give - August 1, 2014
- mkfRCeZzcNULzukofHn - August 1, 2014
- Muni only recoups 20% of its costs anyway - August 1, 2014
- You didn't read the memo. - August 1, 2014
- Since you do not live in D8, marcos - August 1, 2014
- The Central Subway is the most important transit project in - August 1, 2014
- You should have known right out of the gate Lee a typical pol - August 1, 2014
- We all supported Ed Lee, of course, else he would not have - August 1, 2014