Stealth "special" appearances by Jane's Addiction/Perry Farrell, Norah Jones, and Flaming Lips? Those SXSW events were one-upped by a spontaneous session of the itty bitty titty club (and prominent potbelly chapter) when Peaches teamed with Dave Allen of Gang of Four for a DJ set at Friday night's V2/Dim Mak party, charmingly titled "Clusterfuck." That was sort of the vibe as Peaches and Allen spun Suicide-like beats, hard-edge dance numbers, and the Rezillos -- the most screwy aspect was all the endless Camel advertising/product placement going on. (And what was with all the cigarette giveaways at this year's fest?)
In any case, I confess I like Mistress P's style: She basically yelled at the crowd, ordered them to dance, and then jumped into the audience and moshed into me. It was like bouncing into a big, fluffy cinnamon bun -- Peaches smells just fine! And that's enough to make anyone dance.
Later a slew of burlesque dancers got onstage and shook it like a Polaroid land camera. Entertaining -- too bad it seemed to drive half the crowd away. Maybe Suicide Girl-style go-go schtick's moment has passed. Or perhaps the culture vultures would have stuck around if the ladies stripped and threw Camels... Now that would be a sight to see.
Most Commented On
- There is an easy solution to all of this - May 19, 2013
- Good To See You Are Coming Around - May 19, 2013
- If your assumption is all - May 19, 2013
- Wrong, Johnny. You can get US citizenship if you are - May 19, 2013
- Xorauguynaciyxp - May 19, 2013
- I'll take that over arm sales any day. - May 19, 2013
- "Give Them a Job" - May 19, 2013
- Exactly, my contributions are on record while - May 19, 2013
- Agreed, and the same applies of course to - May 19, 2013
- Ah, so you admit that you have never given a penny to - May 19, 2013