It takes real rock 'n' roll godhead to turn down the chance to be a "golden god" -- but Terry Reid did it. The man who passed on the chance to be the vocalist of the New Yardbirds (ne Led Zeppelin) is back. And perfect timing too: His song, "Seed of Memory," stood out, soulful and startling, amid the more predictable Southern rock of last year's gore revivalist flick The Devil's Rejects.
I'm digging this Water live recording (above), released in 2004. Not a starting point, say longtime followers, but it does feature David Lindley.
Terry Reid performs with Parchman Farm and the Cuts April 2, 9 p.m., at Mezzanine, SF. $10 advance. www.ticketweb.com
Most Commented On
- thats great - December 12, 2013
- Discover how to make money - December 12, 2013
- Essay writing help - December 12, 2013
- There She Goes Again" to - December 12, 2013
- Drive jacket - December 12, 2013
- Study Medicine (MBBS/ MD/ MS) in India/ Overseas - December 12, 2013
- Why isn't the Department of - December 11, 2013
- "I'm getting tired of trying - December 11, 2013
- Oh there you go again off the - December 11, 2013
- "The internet allows every - December 11, 2013