It takes real rock 'n' roll godhead to turn down the chance to be a "golden god" -- but Terry Reid did it. The man who passed on the chance to be the vocalist of the New Yardbirds (ne Led Zeppelin) is back. And perfect timing too: His song, "Seed of Memory," stood out, soulful and startling, amid the more predictable Southern rock of last year's gore revivalist flick The Devil's Rejects.
I'm digging this Water live recording (above), released in 2004. Not a starting point, say longtime followers, but it does feature David Lindley.
Terry Reid performs with Parchman Farm and the Cuts April 2, 9 p.m., at Mezzanine, SF. $10 advance. www.ticketweb.com
Most Commented On
- zTLkiWHnfcuvMCDj - April 19, 2014
- bNAOqdRcXhNvg - April 19, 2014
- Try Dr. Wicca, he is for real - April 19, 2014
- Good Day Everyone on this - April 19, 2014
- QhVIawLVAR - April 19, 2014
- HOW MY RELATIONSHIP WAS SAVED BY DR BRAVE!!! - April 19, 2014
- HOW MY RELATIONSHIP WAS SAVED - April 19, 2014
- AM SO HAPPY THAT I MET THIS MAN ON THIS SITE - April 19, 2014
- gNqLgYSQzAQAKOGp - April 19, 2014
- Only under the law - April 19, 2014