Ahem, this just in from Wooden Wand PR HQ:
"Do you assume Knoxville, Tenn., resident Wooden Wand is a vegetarian?
'When I am on tour, several people offer me hummus and assume I am a vegetarian or vegan. I don’t want to be rude, and I never refuse the free offer. But I will take White Caste over hummus any day,' says Wooden Wand
That’s right, Wooden Wand will take a SXSW barbecue sandwich over a grilled zucchini and tomato sandwich on spelt bread."
And did they mention that the dude has a new album out, Second Attention, on Kill Rock Stars. What's that - the fifth or six one this year? I guess it's the protein.
CAN I HAVE JELLY WITH MY JAMZ
OK, We confess - we'll do anything Goldie winners Sisterz of the Underground, that ace breakdancing troupe that's not even all sisters but is just so slammin' we just put away our red pens and don't even care. Tonight, July 19, they co-host a jam with live music by the Top Rockerz Breakbeat Band.
Who dat? The ensemble includes Mirv, House, Dr. Ware, DJ Quest, Chris Williams, Adrian Isabell, and Kenny Brooks. Dudes have played for katz as diverse asLes Claypool, Bob Weir, Bill Laswell, DJ Shadow, Blackalicious, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Charlie Hunter, Bootsy Collins, and Maceo Parker. So you know they got chops. There will be a special performance by Baysic Project Bboy/Bgirl Dance Company. Cash prizes for best B-boys and -girls. Got it? So get it.
July 19, 8:30 p.m., Great American Music Hall, 859 O’Farrell, SF. $11. (415) 885-0750.
Most Commented On
- What a callous piece of work you are - December 21, 2013
- But not public bus stops - December 21, 2013
- I was evicted by a tech - December 21, 2013
- Lee's approval is now down to 51% - December 21, 2013
- Protests come with living in San Francisco - December 21, 2013
- Hard to be sympathetic - December 21, 2013
- Nobody's asking for that - December 21, 2013
- I'd be worried if I were the tech bosses - December 21, 2013
- It's foreign investors. - December 21, 2013
- Your argument would have more credibility - December 21, 2013