From the desk of: Johnny Huston
It's Monday, it's hot as hell, I'm wearing devil red from head to toe and I'm counting the hours until Os Mutantes save us all!
Other music I'm loving at the moment? Let's start with the Ricardo Villalobos career-span comp Salvador, especially the hypnotist's power of the lead-off track, his 2006 remix of "Que Belle Epoque." So the Germany-based (by way of Chile) Villalobos likes Baby Ford? He can oochy koochy and beach bump onto my stereo anytime.
Then there's Girl Talk and his three recordings, especially the new Night Ripper. Mash-ups? Please. More like plunderphonics with DJ Assault's attention span and sense of dirty humor. The wishes of the Justified Ancients have been granted. Gimme more. And what if god was a project bitch, anyway?
Most Commented On
- treatment - December 19, 2013
- San Francisco is an - December 19, 2013
- War on this war on - December 19, 2013
- Yep - December 19, 2013
- Oakland is a good choice for many people who currently struggle - December 19, 2013
- Moderates don't get all obsessed just because the odd tenant - December 19, 2013
- No, simply observing that whenever the left loses an election - December 19, 2013
- Give me your poor your - December 19, 2013
- Muni hasn't been under-funded at all. - December 19, 2013
- Rule 3. When losing a debate, call the other guy a troll. - December 19, 2013