Guardian art director Mirissa Neff checked out Os Mutantes on Monday, July 24, at the Fillmore and sent back these words and images.
All photos: Mirissa Neff
Reuniting for their first tour since 1973, Os Mutantes were greeted by a ravenous SF crowd ranging from hipster admirers to rowdy Brazilians. Here, Zelia Duncan and Sergio Dias have a moment during the Tropicalia legends' set at the Fillmore.
The word on the street is that they are planning to put out a new release -- perhaps targeting the US market? Maybe that's why so many songs that were originally in Portuguese were performed in English.
Most Commented On
- No, that's homeless - May 22, 2013
- There's nothing wrong with market cycles. They are natural and - May 22, 2013
- Anyone can argue that every human life is equal but - May 22, 2013
- If you don't believe in majorities, election wins and polls then - May 22, 2013
- Top speed of BART is 80mph. - May 22, 2013
- Yes, SFBG tolerates your abuse and hate speech. - May 22, 2013
- Laughable... - May 22, 2013
- "This is the sort of - May 22, 2013
- Barefoot artist - May 22, 2013
- " that some people are worth - May 22, 2013