All photos by Kimberly Chun
Oh, yeah, we were suffering in the days following the Guardian's Best of the Bay blow-out at Club Six on Aug. 2. But oh was it worth it... The soju madras rocked hard, and the Ethiopian chow was the bomb. Much raucous insanity and quality music-making came courtesy of Zion I, Erase Errata, Numbers, T-Kash, and, above, Yikes.
Excellent noisy garage-rocking fun from vets of the Coachwhips, Curse of the Birthmark, and Big Techno Werewolf. Someone had the bright idea to throw every flier in the joint at the band - where are those huge sacks of confetti when you need 'em?
The band to beat was Extra Action Marching Band, who brought the fleshy, sweaty, savory goods in two sets.
Brassy, sassy, totally loud. In a good way.
A Sister of Perpetual Indulgence gets some non-sisterly extra action.
Flag team, not flaggin'.
Most Commented On
- "Manhattanization" is not what makes a town boring! - May 22, 2013
- SF Pride's board demonstrated - May 22, 2013
- Sad. You must be in a really - May 22, 2013
- Bridging the gap between homelessness and function-ability - May 22, 2013
- Means Testing would be fair, - May 22, 2013
- ahhh.., such a magical - May 22, 2013
- Pets are one of the most - May 22, 2013
- Yes, we know, - May 22, 2013
- My husband and i say this all the time. - May 22, 2013
- then move.. - May 22, 2013