Who doesn't love free music? Can we all agree that despite its mammoth size and the weird experience of tearing through brambles and over big dogs, small children, and oldsters reading the Sunday paper, that Hardly Strictly Bluegrass wouldn't be quite the same if it wasn't free, free, free!?
Anyway here's even more for you cheapskates: we all know pop stars are increasingly making more appearances at, of all things, cellie stories (Chris Brown showed at a San Leandro Verizon store last week), but now phone and wireless companies are also getting behind music in other ways.
Tomorrow, Oct. 11, Flash Concerts (backed by Cingular Wireless and Sony Ericsson) present Chingy, free, at the Mezzanine. The dealie is that fans have to register to “Get in and Win” and sending the text message city code “SF” to “FLASH” (35274). Registrants will receive “Alerts” including: event details, exclusive free concert invites, VIP access, meet & greets and special music prizing. Text “SF” to “FLASH” or visit your local Cingular Wireless store for more details.
Then you're "Right Thurr," as the Chingster might say. One wonders how many Sony Ericssons the dude scored with this tie-in. Ah, something to contemplate when the doors open at 8:30 p.m. at 444 Jessie St., SF.
At least you didn't have to sit through any commercials...
Most Commented On
- center - December 19, 2013
- So the 73% approval that this - December 19, 2013
- I just can't stand it anymore - December 19, 2013
- Well, You Proved Me Correct, But I Guess It's Your Thing - December 19, 2013
- heh - December 19, 2013
- Teachers don't want SFUSD owned affordable housing - December 19, 2013
- You don't know what you're talking about. - December 19, 2013
- "AESOP Institute:" Perpetual Flimflam Machine - December 19, 2013
- "That may be why the BOS was - December 19, 2013
- I did a bit of research on - December 19, 2013