Who doesn't love free music? Can we all agree that despite its mammoth size and the weird experience of tearing through brambles and over big dogs, small children, and oldsters reading the Sunday paper, that Hardly Strictly Bluegrass wouldn't be quite the same if it wasn't free, free, free!?
Anyway here's even more for you cheapskates: we all know pop stars are increasingly making more appearances at, of all things, cellie stories (Chris Brown showed at a San Leandro Verizon store last week), but now phone and wireless companies are also getting behind music in other ways.
Tomorrow, Oct. 11, Flash Concerts (backed by Cingular Wireless and Sony Ericsson) present Chingy, free, at the Mezzanine. The dealie is that fans have to register to “Get in and Win” and sending the text message city code “SF” to “FLASH” (35274). Registrants will receive “Alerts” including: event details, exclusive free concert invites, VIP access, meet & greets and special music prizing. Text “SF” to “FLASH” or visit your local Cingular Wireless store for more details.
Then you're "Right Thurr," as the Chingster might say. One wonders how many Sony Ericssons the dude scored with this tie-in. Ah, something to contemplate when the doors open at 8:30 p.m. at 444 Jessie St., SF.
At least you didn't have to sit through any commercials...
Most Commented On
- San Francisco Pension Liabilities - July 10, 2014
- What a Freaking GREAT idea - July 10, 2014
- Your envy does not befit you. - July 10, 2014
- True, which is why I'm not on facebook. - July 10, 2014
- Actually I think it will happen. - July 10, 2014
- Did you say lawyer? I know a - July 10, 2014
- True, rent control rewards lucky tenants and mean landlords - July 10, 2014
- Speaking of which, there has been at least one recorded murder - July 10, 2014
- Seems like you might be a speculator as well. - July 10, 2014
- Rent control incumbents will - July 10, 2014