Don't hate Bay Area singer-songwriter Matt Bauer because he looks like a lost, somewhat menacing member of Neurosis. Hate him because he's so damn good: the Kentucky native's 2004 disc, Nandina, was frickin' amazing, and his latest EP, Wasps and White Roses, featuring Jolie Holland, is equally excellent. Nick Drake, Iron and Wine's Sam Beam, and all ye guitarsmiths, look out.
Bauer performs with Tarnation and Peggy Honeywell on Tuesday, Oct. 17, at 9:30 p.m. at Hemlock Tavern, SF. $7.
Most Commented On
- "con-whacker"; nice. - May 19, 2013
- Xorauguynaetcvh - May 19, 2013
- The same question could be asked of you. - May 19, 2013
- You have a problem with people sending money - May 19, 2013
- SF RE prices are up 30% in the last year. - May 19, 2013
- Bad analogy. Slaves were not paid. - May 19, 2013
- Employment is a contract between consenting adults - May 19, 2013
- So the Chinese should only be allowed to rent here? - May 19, 2013
- And yet Randy must be very effective otherwise - May 19, 2013
- No names, cases or specific references then? - May 19, 2013