Don't hate Bay Area singer-songwriter Matt Bauer because he looks like a lost, somewhat menacing member of Neurosis. Hate him because he's so damn good: the Kentucky native's 2004 disc, Nandina, was frickin' amazing, and his latest EP, Wasps and White Roses, featuring Jolie Holland, is equally excellent. Nick Drake, Iron and Wine's Sam Beam, and all ye guitarsmiths, look out.
Bauer performs with Tarnation and Peggy Honeywell on Tuesday, Oct. 17, at 9:30 p.m. at Hemlock Tavern, SF. $7.
Most Commented On
- Elderly assisted living facility residents face eviction - July 10, 2014
- You know exactly what you’re - July 10, 2014
- You are perfectly free to give some of your profit to a - July 10, 2014
- But wait, Steven, Muni only recovers 20% of its costs in fares - July 10, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 10, 2014
- LA siren BANKS enchants The Independent | SF Music - July 10, 2014
- A Canola oil fire, maybe? | SF Music - July 10, 2014
- Nonprofit workers shout down Board of Supervisors meeting, 11 - July 9, 2014
- More like..........if you - July 9, 2014
- Civil rights attorney John Burris to sue SFPD over alleged - July 9, 2014