So if you're not rambling down to LA for Arthur Nights - I'm still contemplating making the drive down for Sun Ra Arkestra, White Magic (!), Watts Prophets (!!), and Ruthann Friedman, special n'all - you really oughta check out Oxford Collapse. Dudes make raucous jagged indie rock of a fine order - and the NYC trio have a new album out on Sub Pop, Remember the Night Parties. Sounded just swell to me. And there's a pic of a partially clothed human on the cover. Make what you will of that.
Oxford Collapse play with those harmonizers the Jogges Saturday, Oct. 21, at Hotel Utah. I'll take any excuse to scamper across the freeway exit like a frightened deer...
Most Commented On
- White fight was bad - December 18, 2013
- When elections go you way it is the people speaking - December 18, 2013
- Fellow guest? You're the same - December 18, 2013
- "San Franciscans are smart visionary voters - December 18, 2013
- Ranked choice was pushed by the left - December 18, 2013
- Agreed. That's what I said - December 18, 2013
- Mmmmhmmm - December 18, 2013
- The Lee-Bots shamlessly shill on. Liars. - December 18, 2013
- The Actual Facts On The Ground Around CleanPowerSF And PG&E - December 18, 2013
- Maybe they don't make pretenses towards being sustainable - December 18, 2013