So if you're not rambling down to LA for Arthur Nights - I'm still contemplating making the drive down for Sun Ra Arkestra, White Magic (!), Watts Prophets (!!), and Ruthann Friedman, special n'all - you really oughta check out Oxford Collapse. Dudes make raucous jagged indie rock of a fine order - and the NYC trio have a new album out on Sub Pop, Remember the Night Parties. Sounded just swell to me. And there's a pic of a partially clothed human on the cover. Make what you will of that.
Oxford Collapse play with those harmonizers the Jogges Saturday, Oct. 21, at Hotel Utah. I'll take any excuse to scamper across the freeway exit like a frightened deer...
Most Commented On
- Have you been to 6th Street? - March 8, 2014
- Greg is what I call a checklist liberal. - March 8, 2014
- Greg says he doesnt do - March 8, 2014
- Sounds like a racist viewpoint to me - March 8, 2014
- One more detail. I stayed - March 8, 2014
- marcos, you have responded to his every post - March 8, 2014
- But it was my original post - March 8, 2014
- Siemens is a German company - March 8, 2014
- You keep responding to him, marcos - March 8, 2014
- California is already - March 8, 2014