...But us turkeys are out and in the clubs once again! With much delay -- and lots of delay pedals -- we quickly wrap up our wearabouts. We being the royal we -- or the twice-as-tubby-we now that we have mowed through all that dark turkey meat, three different kinds of stuffing, several pies, and a few small children.
Aye, it's Daevid Allen. All photos by Kimberly Chun.
Dang, it was fun seeing Daevid Allen's University of Errors at the Hemlock back on Nov. 17. Citay rolled out the classic rock jams -- as well as a bitching George Harrison cover. Then the Gong and Soft Machine vet entered spieling in verse and singing olde SM tunes.
Lou Lou and the Guitar Fish wig out for Birdman Records at 12 Galaxies.
Later, after the turducken lovin' was done, on Nov. 25, we repaired to the Birdman Records holiday party and Dema birthday soiree at 12 Galaxies. Lots of quality Birdman entertainment was on the agenda -- and a weather-beaten once-lost, now-Tenderloin-based member of 13th Floor Elevators was in the haus. Brian Glaze and a solo-esque Greg Ashley performed. Too bad we missed Howlin' Rain and Time Flys later that eve - had to skee-daddle.
Brian Glaze gets down early in the evening at the Birdman shindig.
Greg Ashley pulls tapes, plays guitar, and goes solo-ish at 12 Galaxies.
That same night at Bottom of the Hill, Lemonaid was pouring it all out loud, slushy, and droney to a sparse crowd. Then Les Georges Leningrad got a few stomping with ear-bleed beats.
Les Georges Leningrad go batty.
When's our next four-day vacation?
Most Commented On
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014
- Nonprofits might not be - March 10, 2014
- S.F. TAXPAYERS are on the hook - March 10, 2014
- Uber never said they were - March 10, 2014