Smith describes Frank as "a gifted Memphis singer-songwriter who landed a one-album deal with Vanguard Records" back in the '70s. Frank's subsequent eponymous album "earned critical comparisons to Gordon Lightfoot, Ian Tyson"; the songwriter is apparently back after hooking up with his old Memphis pal Jim Dickinson.
Smith also sends the above photo from his tour travels. It's a sign posted outside a ruined church in the lower ninth ward of New Orleans.
Most Commented On
- The problem with that, Greg, is that when rent control - April 17, 2014
- Unimaginable and - April 17, 2014
- Whoa, Greg, are you now trying to throw us off the scent by - April 17, 2014
- Of course you would, Greg. You want city policies decided by the - April 17, 2014
- Times change - April 17, 2014
- Wait, Greg, I thought you loved central and south America - April 17, 2014
- Actually, Greg, the offices where we do elect folks are more - April 17, 2014
- So you're the infamous SFparkripoff who I'm supposed to be! - April 17, 2014
- A GOOD SPELL MAN - April 17, 2014
- Mexico! - April 17, 2014