Smith describes Frank as "a gifted Memphis singer-songwriter who landed a one-album deal with Vanguard Records" back in the '70s. Frank's subsequent eponymous album "earned critical comparisons to Gordon Lightfoot, Ian Tyson"; the songwriter is apparently back after hooking up with his old Memphis pal Jim Dickinson.
Smith also sends the above photo from his tour travels. It's a sign posted outside a ruined church in the lower ninth ward of New Orleans.
Most Commented On
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 31, 2014
- iKGCzHQZopfY - July 31, 2014
- Not selective ENFORCEMENT ???? What about Airbnb? - July 31, 2014
- http://newamericamedia.org/20 - July 31, 2014
- Which is why the voters will - July 31, 2014
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 31, 2014
- Work order payments are appropriate - July 31, 2014
- marcos, please furnish your evidence for the proposition that - July 31, 2014
- Paradoxically, notwithstanding Emma's saccharine nostalgia about - July 31, 2014
- Wiener had to have support - July 31, 2014