The 49th Grammy nominations have been announced, and can we get a witness -- despite the feisty, principled stance by the Dixie Chicks and the continuing wonder of Mary J. Blige, are the Grammys still too hidebound and geriatric to really... matter?
I mean, we all pay attention to it, we've all been griping about it since the beginning of time -- but James Blunt, record of the year? Corinne Bailey Rae is cute n'all, but isn't Gnarls Barkley a complete shoo-in for this award? More nattering to come, for sure.
Most Commented On
- Poor progressives cannot win. If they stay pure, they achieve - March 15, 2014
- Yeah, the CCSF teachers really looked dumb when they took such - March 15, 2014
- No they don't. They become - March 15, 2014
- Watching the video, it - March 15, 2014
- There are PLENTY of taxes on - March 15, 2014
- Yes, marcos is a white male tech worker who helped to gentrify - March 15, 2014
- Exactly - the burbs carry the freight of SF's inability to - March 15, 2014
- When progressives encounter reality and power then they - March 15, 2014
- How is the appreciation on 32 - March 15, 2014
- because it is at all - March 15, 2014