OK, I have to say one of my fondest straight-outta-Stockton moments had to be the time when, on stage at the Fillmore, Stephen Malkmus gave a shout out to his family in the audience - and the restaurant they just patronized: Benihana. Did I hallucinate that or what?
Married, not harried. Photo by Riger Kisby.
By the way, the guy is now legally in the family way - he recently got hitched. And these days he has Sleater-Kinney/Quasi drummer and ex-Guardian worker bee Janet Weiss in his band the Jicks. So enjoy! It's been a while since the now-Portland-oriented ex-Pavement big-muck-amok has returned to the Bay-ish. Malkmus appears Friday, Jan. 5, at Bimbo's 365 Club, 1025 Columbus, SF. (415) 474-0365. Tickets are $20.
Most Commented On
- So criticizing someone who - March 7, 2014
- Funny, I felt the same way about Jerry Brown - March 7, 2014
- So in other words you feel - March 7, 2014
- That is the Gods truth, but - March 7, 2014
- That's one of the lamest responses I've seen here - March 7, 2014
- "David Chiu took on the - March 7, 2014
- I think that obeying the laws - March 7, 2014
- It's an interesting idea - March 7, 2014
- During Ron Dellums tenure I - March 7, 2014
- I'm quite disturbed about the - March 7, 2014