75 Degrees' Rick Bond was late with his holiday year-end Top 10 in terms of the print edition of the Guardian, but it's never too late for our always-interested, always-ravenous-for-news blogestablishmentarianistic virtual side. Fill our Top 10 void, Rick. Here 'tis, at last:
75 Degrees of inseparableness. Courtesy of www.rasputinmusic.com
1. 75 DEGREES, "X-MAS CLASSIC (GHOSTRIDE THE SLEIGH)"
NOBODY MAKES A BETTER HIP-HOP BAY AREA HOLIDAY JOINT THEN THE SEVEN FIZZLE!...actually, nobody else ever has.
2. San Quinn, The Rock
3. Mista FAB, "Ghostride It"
So good it hurts.
4. Oakland A's getting out of the first round of the playoffs!!!
5. Stacy Dash in Playboy
6. Nacho Libre
7. Little Star Pizza
Deep dish classic with pepperoni instead of onions.
8. Glen Goins introducing the Mothership/P-Funk on tour in 1976, YouTube
He sings and plays guitar better than most people who do only one of those things today and he's just the intro guy.
9. Sly Stone on Merv Griffin singing "If You Want Me To Stay," YouTube.
10. Aretha Franklin singing "Bridge Over Trouble Water" AND playing piano, YouTube.
Honorable mentions: Flipsyde (shows and album = DOPE), 75 Degrees' The Last Great Hip-Hop Album being featured on iTunes! and the term: "Strangerous" as in, "Call me girl, why you gotta be so strangerous?"
P.S. 75 Degrees has got a new official Myspace page too: www.myspace.com/seventy5degrees