No bucks but eager to get it on, bhangra stylee? BBC Radio 1's Bobby Friction is bringing the Project Ahimsa British Invasion tour to 111 Minna Gallery, SF, on Feb. 2.
The face of Bobby Friction
The rarely seen-stateside DJ - known as the "Casey Kasem of the global bhangra scene" - is passing through NYC and LA as well - all in the name of charity. (He hosts Bobby & Nihal Radio Show on BBC Radio 1 as well as BBC Radio 1 Sirius Satellite Channel.) Consider the fact that when Friction appears he'll likely be bringing music that rarely gets heard around these parts, apart from his own Net stream.
Also all funds go to SF's Project Ahimsa, one of the first desi-founded US youth-music education charities. The group, known for its "Tablas + Turntables" program, provides instruments and teacher salaries to help disadvantaged youth in the US and the developing world. Behold the current TV video on the T+T project.
The kicker: the event is free to the first 500 who sign up here.
Now you have no excuses. Go bhangra.
Most Commented On
- Dr Eke Chukwu Is THE GREAT SPELL CASTER SOMEONE CAN EVER TRUST - July 23, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 23, 2014
- custody - July 23, 2014
- Tablehopping: new Asian treats, Blue Plate score, Cochon 555 - July 23, 2014
- The racial stereotype looks like it was an after-thought. - July 23, 2014
- Insurance Commissioner to CPUC: Tech "rideshare" companies must - July 23, 2014
- State and municiap pension funds are run by Calpers and their - July 23, 2014
- Treading water - July 23, 2014
- Midsummer mayhem - July 23, 2014
- The Fourth of July: Remembering the good old days in Rock - July 23, 2014