The cultie fervor surrounding ex-John Mellencamp fiddle player Lisa Germano at South By Southwest last year was a thing to behold. Toss those Mellencamp associations aside - her songs were lovely that night. And it's gravy that she has such a deliciously gruesome/goth sensibility as well - check out the cover art for her most recent album, In the Maybe World (Young God), below.
She opens for soundtrack composer Michael Brook (whose last CD she performed on; she plays in his group tonight, too) Friday, Jan. 26, at Great American Music Hall. Caw, caw.
Most Commented On
- Josh, do you bore everyone like this? - December 20, 2013
- Steven, the 73% is consistent with other polls and with the - December 20, 2013
- Federal law always trumps local law and HH is - December 20, 2013
- Saying the same thing five times - December 20, 2013
- More homes are sold to non-tech people than tech people - December 20, 2013
- There has never been an Ellis eviction in Oakland so - December 20, 2013
- A bus is a bus is a bus. - December 20, 2013
- I understand the issue perfectly. these tech workers have - December 20, 2013
- Oh wait, I forgot you built - December 20, 2013
- This is you: How dare they - December 20, 2013