Hint to the funsters who want to end the gorg day with tunes: If you're round the Golden Gate Bridge, check out the Tunnel Show of the Marin Headlands, which started at 3 p.m. today, Feb. 18.
Inside an old army barracks tunnel, there will be performances by Living Breathing Music, Hector Zapana, Ship Snowblink, Okay, and a classical Indian ensemble organized by Charles Lloyd.
Organizers e-mail: "The Tunnel Show will be a the Battery Wallace, near the Bicentennial Campground, and the Headlands Center for the Arts in the Marin Headlands.
"The directions from SF: go over the Golden Gate Bridge. Take your first exit after the rest area. Take your immediate left and loop under highway 101. Take a right up the hill after the "Golden Gate Rec Area" sign. Follow this road around the coast. Do not turn off of this road. You will pass an initial set of tunnels. You should stop and check them out, but these are not the tunnel show tunnels, they are too highly trafficked by tourists and police, though they are quite beautiful. After these tunnels, the road becomes one way. Keep going. After winding down a ways, you will pass a road allowing you to turn right. Go straight. Just after this intersection you will see picnic tables and spots to park. Park and walk onward to the tunnel in the hill."
Organizers continue: "There will be a sunset potluck dinner, so bring some treats to share. The weather channel intuits that it will be a warm weekend, but it'll surely be cold as the sun sets, and there's a chance it'll shower on Sunday, so please come prepared with all of your warmest, most functional winter fashions, and you'll be all the happier to tunnel late into the night."
Most Commented On
- grDYUUCRImLrc - July 30, 2014
- With ObamaCare, why do we even need SFGH? - July 30, 2014
- The most important housing imperative for SF is not to house - July 30, 2014
- It doesn't work like that - July 30, 2014
- "We have a city of 5,000 - July 30, 2014
- What am I missing here? - July 30, 2014
- These workers can simply live - July 30, 2014
- Wrong, the city desperately needs all kinds of housing but - July 30, 2014
- Wiener is the smartest of the supervisors and so I'd expect him - July 30, 2014
- This is the flip side of the - July 30, 2014