Hint to the funsters who want to end the gorg day with tunes: If you're round the Golden Gate Bridge, check out the Tunnel Show of the Marin Headlands, which started at 3 p.m. today, Feb. 18.
Inside an old army barracks tunnel, there will be performances by Living Breathing Music, Hector Zapana, Ship Snowblink, Okay, and a classical Indian ensemble organized by Charles Lloyd.
Organizers e-mail: "The Tunnel Show will be a the Battery Wallace, near the Bicentennial Campground, and the Headlands Center for the Arts in the Marin Headlands.
"The directions from SF: go over the Golden Gate Bridge. Take your first exit after the rest area. Take your immediate left and loop under highway 101. Take a right up the hill after the "Golden Gate Rec Area" sign. Follow this road around the coast. Do not turn off of this road. You will pass an initial set of tunnels. You should stop and check them out, but these are not the tunnel show tunnels, they are too highly trafficked by tourists and police, though they are quite beautiful. After these tunnels, the road becomes one way. Keep going. After winding down a ways, you will pass a road allowing you to turn right. Go straight. Just after this intersection you will see picnic tables and spots to park. Park and walk onward to the tunnel in the hill."
Organizers continue: "There will be a sunset potluck dinner, so bring some treats to share. The weather channel intuits that it will be a warm weekend, but it'll surely be cold as the sun sets, and there's a chance it'll shower on Sunday, so please come prepared with all of your warmest, most functional winter fashions, and you'll be all the happier to tunnel late into the night."
Most Commented On
- Most computer science majors are men - July 24, 2014
- Women in tech - July 24, 2014
- Doing the work of the Koch brothers - July 24, 2014
- the SFBG is way too hypocritical to answer - July 24, 2014
- Kudos - July 24, 2014
- There is no "subsidy." Stop spewing nonsense - July 24, 2014
- 50 bucks says - July 24, 2014
- SFBG has always been a white newspaper. - July 24, 2014
- Homeless People Infesting the Main Library - July 24, 2014
- So what are "progressives" doing to fix public education? - July 24, 2014