Hint to the funsters who want to end the gorg day with tunes: If you're round the Golden Gate Bridge, check out the Tunnel Show of the Marin Headlands, which started at 3 p.m. today, Feb. 18.
Inside an old army barracks tunnel, there will be performances by Living Breathing Music, Hector Zapana, Ship Snowblink, Okay, and a classical Indian ensemble organized by Charles Lloyd.
Organizers e-mail: "The Tunnel Show will be a the Battery Wallace, near the Bicentennial Campground, and the Headlands Center for the Arts in the Marin Headlands.
"The directions from SF: go over the Golden Gate Bridge. Take your first exit after the rest area. Take your immediate left and loop under highway 101. Take a right up the hill after the "Golden Gate Rec Area" sign. Follow this road around the coast. Do not turn off of this road. You will pass an initial set of tunnels. You should stop and check them out, but these are not the tunnel show tunnels, they are too highly trafficked by tourists and police, though they are quite beautiful. After these tunnels, the road becomes one way. Keep going. After winding down a ways, you will pass a road allowing you to turn right. Go straight. Just after this intersection you will see picnic tables and spots to park. Park and walk onward to the tunnel in the hill."
Organizers continue: "There will be a sunset potluck dinner, so bring some treats to share. The weather channel intuits that it will be a warm weekend, but it'll surely be cold as the sun sets, and there's a chance it'll shower on Sunday, so please come prepared with all of your warmest, most functional winter fashions, and you'll be all the happier to tunnel late into the night."
Most Commented On
- Fatshion - December 13, 2013
- Who gets paid to pump gas - December 13, 2013
- More people would bike if it - December 13, 2013
- I think more people would... - December 13, 2013
- Thanks, El Dedo, for factual - December 13, 2013
- But I am correct - December 13, 2013
- Hundreds of lawsuits say otherwise - December 13, 2013
- Biking could be for everyone if we wanted - December 13, 2013
- Biking could be for everyone...if we wanted it to be - December 13, 2013
- Why is it always an external - December 13, 2013