Save your last languid dance for them. Guardian contributor Max Goldberg has a new project, warbling with the group, Snowblink.
Snowblink's Daniela Gesundheit is in control.
her band's most recent disc, My Oh My Avalanche,
has a firm grasp of folky prettiness too.
Tonight, Feb. 22, the band hosts a "Slow Dance Night" at the Make-Out Room with very special guests: at 9 p.m., five boys and a lady, each front-people of his and her own San Francisco band, will sing a slow-dance song with nothing more than a guitar to "eschew their machismo," Goldberg e-mails. Performers include Martin of the White White Quilt, Nat Russell of Birds of America, Mike Sempert of Birds & Batteries, Frank Lyon of Ship, Abby G, and Joseph Childress. Dancing sweet and slow will be the guiding principle for the earlier part of the evening.
The slow dance portion will be followed by Bay Area-by-way-of-Brooklyn Dirty Projectors touring multi-instrumentalist Angel Deradoorian. At 11 p.m., Snowblink will, Goldberg, writes, "do it the way we do it." DJ duo Ribbons will close out the night with fast dance songs.
All that aerobic lovin' begins at 9 p.m. and costs $7. Smoochers can find the Make-Out Room at 3225 22nd St., SF.
Most Commented On
- Thank you Great Owologbo - April 17, 2014
- Vacancy control and new rent - April 17, 2014
- For sure, I picked up 3 - April 17, 2014
- Home (noun) : a house, - April 17, 2014
- Who cares after every bust - April 17, 2014
- And disagreeing with myself too! - April 17, 2014
- Ignorant troll - April 17, 2014
- The problem with that, Greg, is that when rent control - April 17, 2014
- Unimaginable and - April 17, 2014
- Whoa, Greg, are you now trying to throw us off the scent by - April 17, 2014