By Deborah Giattina
I wouldn't have traded seeing my fellow Bay Area Ladyfest 2002 organizer play her first Noise Pop show last Wednesday for anything--not even a Ponys/Gris Gris ticket. I'm referring to Macromantics (aka Romy Hoffman), who recently was signed to Kill Rock Stars. (Check out her first KRS release, Moments in Movement.)
Onstage, the chaos-loving Australian MC and erstwhile San Francisco denizen's a capella onslaughts rocked the crowd as much as her body-moving escapades into metaphysical rapping.
Afterwards, my down under friend waved away a look-see at my snaps of her performance, stating, "I don't believe in documentation." This one's gonna keep moving forward into uncharted territory rather than look back, but that doesn't mean she minds if the rest of us cherish the memories.
Most Commented On
- At what point, and more - March 12, 2014
- PUT A PICTURE if you want - March 12, 2014
- I'm just asking questions - March 12, 2014
- Taxi Insurance - March 12, 2014
- Good luck SFBG/Ex - screw the Chron if they're doin that - March 12, 2014
- Here's what wouldn't surprise me - March 12, 2014
- The trolls here find even a huge fire a reason to troll here - March 12, 2014
- Aside from the conversation - March 12, 2014
- Concentrate Tech Buses at one Terminus - March 11, 2014
- XxShEytJvwICPveckEj - March 11, 2014