By Deborah Giattina
I wouldn't have traded seeing my fellow Bay Area Ladyfest 2002 organizer play her first Noise Pop show last Wednesday for anything--not even a Ponys/Gris Gris ticket. I'm referring to Macromantics (aka Romy Hoffman), who recently was signed to Kill Rock Stars. (Check out her first KRS release, Moments in Movement.)
Onstage, the chaos-loving Australian MC and erstwhile San Francisco denizen's a capella onslaughts rocked the crowd as much as her body-moving escapades into metaphysical rapping.
Afterwards, my down under friend waved away a look-see at my snaps of her performance, stating, "I don't believe in documentation." This one's gonna keep moving forward into uncharted territory rather than look back, but that doesn't mean she minds if the rest of us cherish the memories.
Most Commented On
- thJGySbieQF - August 1, 2014
- From the amateur website of - August 1, 2014
- and who are you, exactly? - August 1, 2014
- Your attention is commanded - August 1, 2014
- Because what we need in the - August 1, 2014
- No, refuting and debunking you is not acknowledging your - August 1, 2014
- For a paper that - August 1, 2014
- You keep making it about me - August 1, 2014
- Police radio dispatch from Alejandro Nieto shooting raises new - August 1, 2014
- Idora, so your stated preference is for censorship and the - August 1, 2014