By Deborah Giattina
I wouldn't have traded seeing my fellow Bay Area Ladyfest 2002 organizer play her first Noise Pop show last Wednesday for anything--not even a Ponys/Gris Gris ticket. I'm referring to Macromantics (aka Romy Hoffman), who recently was signed to Kill Rock Stars. (Check out her first KRS release, Moments in Movement.)
Onstage, the chaos-loving Australian MC and erstwhile San Francisco denizen's a capella onslaughts rocked the crowd as much as her body-moving escapades into metaphysical rapping.
Afterwards, my down under friend waved away a look-see at my snaps of her performance, stating, "I don't believe in documentation." This one's gonna keep moving forward into uncharted territory rather than look back, but that doesn't mean she minds if the rest of us cherish the memories.
Most Commented On
- You have got to be joking - December 10, 2013
- What about the employees? Are we have more jobs. - December 10, 2013
- Flapper Costumes - December 10, 2013
- Homeless Art - December 10, 2013
- Vintage Dresses - December 10, 2013
- Corsets China Manufacturers - December 10, 2013
- On which page of your Guide - December 10, 2013
- If your skin is too thin - December 10, 2013
- Overbust Corset - December 10, 2013
- Wotta dolt - December 10, 2013