By Deborah Giattina
I wouldn't have traded seeing my fellow Bay Area Ladyfest 2002 organizer play her first Noise Pop show last Wednesday for anything--not even a Ponys/Gris Gris ticket. I'm referring to Macromantics (aka Romy Hoffman), who recently was signed to Kill Rock Stars. (Check out her first KRS release, Moments in Movement.)
Onstage, the chaos-loving Australian MC and erstwhile San Francisco denizen's a capella onslaughts rocked the crowd as much as her body-moving escapades into metaphysical rapping.
Afterwards, my down under friend waved away a look-see at my snaps of her performance, stating, "I don't believe in documentation." This one's gonna keep moving forward into uncharted territory rather than look back, but that doesn't mean she minds if the rest of us cherish the memories.
Most Commented On
- Your math sucks. Buses make - March 12, 2014
- Re: Also - March 12, 2014
- so it is spend spend spend - March 12, 2014
- in re: anti statist cum sock puppetry - March 12, 2014
- ZLhwMoQJOC - March 12, 2014
- Greg prefers a conspiracy theory to facts and logic - March 12, 2014
- kUkJstKKhU - March 12, 2014
- The City Cannot Impost Additional Restrictions - March 12, 2014
- It's The Typical Result of A Huge Fire - March 12, 2014
- Why all the venom? - March 12, 2014