By Sean Manning
Nearly 40 years ago, Brazil’s Os Mutantes sewed the seeds of their now-legendary status by creating a pastiche of hallucinatory sounds and good ole fashioned Beatles-like harmonies so fluidly that they’ve inspired a whole new generation of followers extending far beyond the city limits of their native Sao Paulo.
After a successful reunion stint last year, the Baptista brothers - minus founding member Rita Lee - will be doing it again this year for a handful of performances. One of those will be for the Stern Grove festival on Sunday, July 15, with Venezuelan rockers Los Amigos Invisibles supporting. There aren’t many opportunities to get this kind of experience for free, so make sure you show up early to catch the band before you miss your chance.
Os Mutantes perform Sunday, July 15, 2 p.m., at Sigmund Stern Grove. 44 Page St, SF. Free. (415) 252-6252.
Most Commented On
- Greg, everyone knows what you mean when you say "nigger" but - March 16, 2014
- Greg, you've posted anonymously at times - March 16, 2014
- Yes I did watch it. It was a fucking police riot. - March 16, 2014
- Observations on the term "pigs" - March 16, 2014
- True but he makes it too easy for it to really be - March 16, 2014
- Do you hate gays as much as you hate Asians? - March 16, 2014
- It would be more clear - March 16, 2014
- Referring to the police as "pigs" instantly devalues your - March 16, 2014
- No, Greg, it was a fair question - March 16, 2014
- It's a dilemma for Greg because he hates Asians and loves losers - March 16, 2014