By Sean Manning
Nearly 40 years ago, Brazil’s Os Mutantes sewed the seeds of their now-legendary status by creating a pastiche of hallucinatory sounds and good ole fashioned Beatles-like harmonies so fluidly that they’ve inspired a whole new generation of followers extending far beyond the city limits of their native Sao Paulo.
After a successful reunion stint last year, the Baptista brothers - minus founding member Rita Lee - will be doing it again this year for a handful of performances. One of those will be for the Stern Grove festival on Sunday, July 15, with Venezuelan rockers Los Amigos Invisibles supporting. There aren’t many opportunities to get this kind of experience for free, so make sure you show up early to catch the band before you miss your chance.
Os Mutantes perform Sunday, July 15, 2 p.m., at Sigmund Stern Grove. 44 Page St, SF. Free. (415) 252-6252.
Most Commented On
- I guess you have it all figured out. - July 23, 2014
- Ha... I love your racist and - July 23, 2014
- QWzfFRMQpa - July 23, 2014
- Well they did try and kick out JROTC - July 23, 2014
- 5 SFUSD high schools offer computer science courses - July 23, 2014
- It's much easier to blame - July 23, 2014
- Even the New York Times opines! - July 23, 2014
- So your excuse is that - July 23, 2014
- Greg also supports communists - July 23, 2014
- If Twitter hired the - July 23, 2014