By Sean Manning
Nearly 40 years ago, Brazil’s Os Mutantes sewed the seeds of their now-legendary status by creating a pastiche of hallucinatory sounds and good ole fashioned Beatles-like harmonies so fluidly that they’ve inspired a whole new generation of followers extending far beyond the city limits of their native Sao Paulo.
After a successful reunion stint last year, the Baptista brothers - minus founding member Rita Lee - will be doing it again this year for a handful of performances. One of those will be for the Stern Grove festival on Sunday, July 15, with Venezuelan rockers Los Amigos Invisibles supporting. There aren’t many opportunities to get this kind of experience for free, so make sure you show up early to catch the band before you miss your chance.
Os Mutantes perform Sunday, July 15, 2 p.m., at Sigmund Stern Grove. 44 Page St, SF. Free. (415) 252-6252.
Most Commented On
- When this housing is on the - July 14, 2014
- Your article shows you have a - July 14, 2014
- In what way? Describe. - July 14, 2014
- What club are you referring - July 13, 2014
- Starting pay for staff is - July 13, 2014
- Jazz hands!! - July 13, 2014
- Jesus Christ - July 13, 2014
- Erin McElroy - When does your trust fund run out? - July 13, 2014
- Yes, I have a long list of people I will not rent to - July 13, 2014
- He's right, rent control doesn't apply here - July 13, 2014