By Molly Freedenberg
I've just figured out what I'm doing on Thursday: going to see Battlehooch (what a great name) at Cafe du Nord. The musicians are friends of a friend, so I might've ended up there whether or not I'd done any research. But after listening to their strange, energetic prog rock on myspace - and then watching a vlog piece on what they're about (the first one on their myspace page)- I'm officially hooked for my own reasons. Thing is, I can't decide if I like them because these guys are music nerds, because they're just plain nerds (bandmember non-musical interests include ideas, concepts, and topography), because their music is engaging and strange, or because they seem like so much fun I kinda just want to hang out near them. Either way, I'm betting this band will tickle some of my favorite places - cerebral and otherwise. I'll have some of that hooch, thanks.
Read the Wiretapmusic review here.
Battlehooch, with The Lovely Public and Schande
Cafe du Nord
2170 Market, SF
- Rep. Speier calls for federal accreditation reform, citing CCSF - August 20, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 20, 2014
- mbv4-ever - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014