By Kimberly Chun
This in from the folks at Great American Music Hall - so put those "Jean Genie" moves in the hopper till August. (And boy, I'm curious about how often these underground electrical vault fires happen! The answer: The last one was in 2005, according to the local CBS affiliate.)
"Unfortunately, tonight's BOWIE BALL at GAMH has been CANCELLED due to an underground electrical vault fire on Polk & O'Farrell St. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience - bummer!!!
"HOWEVER, we are glad to report that the date is rescheduled for Friday, August 14 - original tickets will be honored (or refunds are available at place of purchase until 2pm on Aug. 14).
"This event will be super fun, so please come down on Aug. 14 and show your support! This is our chance to celebrate EVERYTHING Bowie. All in one night. (Tix at www.gamhtickets.com or in person at Slim's or GAMH M-F 10:30-6.)"
Most Commented On
- Kizi 1 - December 18, 2013
- Ranked choice voting still confuses some people, obviously. - December 18, 2013
- This envy meme is merely - December 18, 2013
- "and leave this place to the - December 18, 2013
- Why do some people get so - December 18, 2013
- This envy meme - December 18, 2013
- animal onesies - December 18, 2013
- There is no revitalization of mid-Market - December 18, 2013
- Too much for you? Then perhaps you could do us all a favor - December 18, 2013
- Yes, the SFBG mantra is "private = bad; public = good" - December 18, 2013