By Kimberly Chun
This in from the folks at Great American Music Hall - so put those "Jean Genie" moves in the hopper till August. (And boy, I'm curious about how often these underground electrical vault fires happen! The answer: The last one was in 2005, according to the local CBS affiliate.)
"Unfortunately, tonight's BOWIE BALL at GAMH has been CANCELLED due to an underground electrical vault fire on Polk & O'Farrell St. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience - bummer!!!
"HOWEVER, we are glad to report that the date is rescheduled for Friday, August 14 - original tickets will be honored (or refunds are available at place of purchase until 2pm on Aug. 14).
"This event will be super fun, so please come down on Aug. 14 and show your support! This is our chance to celebrate EVERYTHING Bowie. All in one night. (Tix at www.gamhtickets.com or in person at Slim's or GAMH M-F 10:30-6.)"
Most Commented On
- I take that as a sign that the NIMBY losers know they have lost - March 7, 2014
- Yes, Cw, only sycophantic adoration of SFBG is allowed here. - March 7, 2014
- *Say something, I'm giving up on you.* - March 7, 2014
- The reason Steven wants to go after AirBnB and not hosts is - March 7, 2014
- If A correlates to B and B corrrelates to C then the chances are - March 7, 2014
- This is one of the few issues where I agree with the SFBG - March 7, 2014
- tenants - March 7, 2014
- Wait a sec. I thought that - March 7, 2014
- No, the great myth is that the rich hate the poor. It's not true - March 7, 2014
- Those who support - March 7, 2014