Sonic Reducer Overage: Sir Richard Bishop, Hospitals, David Dondero, Hightower, and more
By Kimberly Chun
Yes, you had to work like a dog for that Fourth of July hot dog - and to get ready for the long weekend. Wasn’t it worth it? Now’s the time to get out and get into trouble.
Sir Richard Bishop and His Freak of Araby Ensemble
The Sun City Girls son and Oakland resident also rises, this time in SF, with Oaxacan as his backing ensemble, on the closing show of his tour. For more on Bishop, go to this edition of Sonic Reducer. With Oaxacan and Rubber O Cement. Fri/3, 10 p.m., $10. Bottom of the Hill, 1233 17th St., SF. (415) 621-4455.
The Pittsburgh-San Diego booty melters flaunt it at this light-show-bedazzled happening. With Nero's Day at Disneyland, Bulbs, and Teengirl Fantasy. Fri/3, 8 p.m., $6. Lobot Gallery, 1800 Campbell, Oakl. www.lobotgallery.com
Marcel Dettmann and Marcel Fengler
Kontrol goes Fourth, welcoming the minimalist techno Teutonic Marcel wave. With Sasha Braverman, Craig Kuna, Nikola Baytala, Sammy D, and Alland Byallo. Sat/4, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., free before 11 p.m., $15 after 11 p.m. The Endup, 401 Sixth St., SF. www.kontrolsf.com
The longtime local - and perpetual proponent of literary songcraft - kicks off a series of solo performances with this early show. With Milk Milk Lemonade, Mon/6, 7 p.m., $6. Bottom of the Hill, 1233 17th St., SF. (415) 621-4455.
Lauded as “one of the 25 best bands on MySpace” by Rolling Stone, the Phoenix, Ariz., indie poppers tell it to volcano. With Farewell Typewriter. Tues/7, 8 p.m., $10. Cafe du Nord, 2170 Market, SF. (415) 861-5016.
**Tower to the People** - true dat. The skaters push out a new self-released long-player. With Fucking Wrath, Young Livers, and Gang of Forty. Tues/7, 9 p.m., free. Knockout, 3223 Mission, SF. (415) 550-6994.
Most Commented On
- oojppcpg - April 23, 2014
- Dr Lumba Brought Back My Lover - April 23, 2014
- It's true - SFBG prefer purity and achieving nothing to - April 23, 2014
- Still goes to poor political judgement and instincts - April 23, 2014
- Only two of the eleven Supes are hardline lefties - April 23, 2014
- With due respect all thank - April 23, 2014
- A GREAT MAN THAT HELP ME - April 23, 2014
- HOW MY EX CAME BACK TO ME - April 23, 2014
- Where was the "hippie" in her - April 22, 2014
- This has to be one of the dumbest comments I've heard today - April 22, 2014