By Kimberly Chun
What a beaut of a day -- I’m gonna get me some plein-air crème brulee. And guess what, the night will be even better. Here are a few of the shows worth squeezing in.
Le Tigre’s JD Samson gets us off – “Off Our Backs,” that is – with a recent project. With Tussle and the Younger Lovers. Fri/17, 10 p.m., $10. Bottom of the Hill, 1233 17th St., SF. (415) 621-4455.
Casey and Brian
Watch for a low-flying new 7-inch by the SF duo at this Mission Creek show. With Unicorn Basement, Kitten Forever, and Elle Nino. Fri/17, 9 p.m., $7. Kimo’s, 1351 Polk, SF. (415) 885-4535.
The sassy, scruffy noisemakers live up to their name, guarens. With Mika Miko, Street Eaters, and Boats! Sat/18, 8 p.m., call for price. 924 Gilman, Berk. www.924gilman.org
The bastard son of Donovan and Beck? The Mexican indie popper serves up a low-Mercury slice of Mermaid Sashimi. With Narcotheque and Pop Noir. Sat/18, 9 p.m., $15-$20. Blue Macaw, 2565 Mission, SF. (415) 920-0577.
The SoCal first-wave punkers keep it short – and sour. With Brilliant Colors and Rank/Xerox. Sat/18, 9 p.m., $7. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
Casiotone for the Painfully Alone and Concern
Bay Area native and Tomlab artist Owen Ashworth feels your pain, alongside his Concern-ed bro Gordon. Tues/21, 9 p.m., $10. Bottom of the Hill, 1233 17th St., SF. (415) 621-4455.
Most Commented On
- Fertility - July 28, 2014
- Politesse - July 28, 2014
- It makes no sense whatsoever - July 28, 2014
- Oakland is a few miles away and half the price - July 28, 2014
- Of course it ran out of money. - July 28, 2014
- My income is competitive to the market for my job and not - July 28, 2014
- Some private sector bus operators earn 30K a year - July 28, 2014
- uppoVFiDwLz - July 28, 2014
- No Wall on the Waterfront wins big, Chiu prevails in Assembly - July 28, 2014
- Skateboarding is a delinquent activity - July 28, 2014