Sonic Reducer Overage: Los Amigos Invisibles, Caroline Weeks, the Frustrations, and more
By Kimberly Chun
Wow, it’s far from freezing but way too foggy at the beach – so dry off, stop gawking at the sea lion near the Sutro Baths, and check the head at these worthy musical happenings. Black Francis’ acoustic show may be sold out at Hotel Utah tonight, but there’s still too much going on for you to get your grump on.
Concrete Jungle Meets the SF Classic
Yeah, I can tell by your itchy mod finger that you’re just dying to check out the scooter rally afterparty. DJs Selecter Kirk and Prince Omar take the pulse of the mob with two-tone, ska, rocksteady, and more. Sat/8, 9 p.m., $5. Knockout, 3223 Mission, SF. (415) 550-6994.
Wah-wah-wow. The Detroit-based slaves to the skronkadelic grind it up something fierce. With the Mindless Things. Sat/8, 6 p.m., $5. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
Los Amigos Invisibles
Superfun at Outside Lands last year. This time you get a full set all to your bad self. With Funky C and Joya and DJ Felina. Sat/8, 9 p.m., $25. Fillmore, 1805 Geary, SF. (415) 346-6000.
Book of Black Earth
The Seattle ensemble harks back to “The Darkest Age” with proper black metal solemnity. With Landmine Marathon, Embers, Early Graves, and DJ Rob Metal. Tues/11, 8 p.m., $8-$10. Thee Parkside, 1600 17th St., SF. (415) 503-0393.
Ushering in the new Shining Darkness (Jade Note), Jeff Kazor’s SF combo cometh. With Lady A and Her Heel Daggers. Tues/11, 9:30 p.m., $12. Café du Nord, 2170 Market, SF. (415) 861-5016.
I’m digging the out-folk romanticism of the Bat for Lashes contributor’s recent Manimal recording, Songs for Edna. With the Lickets and Corridor. Tues/11, 9 p.m., $7. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
Most Commented On
- "We're not all affluent white - December 12, 2013
- search engine: 1. Seniors - December 12, 2013
- very good points - December 12, 2013
- Can a senior ride a bike? - December 12, 2013
- This is the deal - December 12, 2013
- Historically cyclists were the poor folks who could not - December 12, 2013
- Yes, in fact the Supes should be made to ONLY hire - December 12, 2013
- It actually looks good on them because it's an outdoor town - December 12, 2013
- Banning plastic bags and MacDonalds happy meal toys is - December 12, 2013
- So if that bike rider has - December 12, 2013