By Kimberly Chun
The tao of Au, the Wu of a Killah -- that’s the spirit. More sounds to sit with and move to.
Toy pianos, ethereal vocals, and Portland, Ore.-steeped experimentation. With Why?, Mount Eerie, and Serengeti and Polyphonic. Sat/17, 9 p.m., $16. Great American Music Hall, 859 O’Farrell, SF. (415) 885-0750.
The high Deacon of the laptop gospel preaches to the choir. With Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Teeth Mountain, and Nuclear Power Pants. Sat/17, 9 p.m., $10. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. (415) 820-9669.
Endless Boogie and Casy and Brian
The Brooklyn booty-shakers go up against the SF noise boys. Sun/18, 9 p.m., $7. Knockout, 3223 Mission, SF. (415) 550-6994.
Brazil’s Garotas Suecas weren’t able to get into the country for this show, but the Bay’s brave psychedelicists carry on. With Grass Widow and Clipd Beaks. Sun/18, 9 p.m., $6. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. (415) 923-0923.
Elly Jackson wants to bring sexy back to synthpop. With Silver Swans and DJ Omar. Sun/18, 8 p.m., $15. Great American Music Hall, 859 O’Farrell, SF. (415) 885-0750.
The indie hip-hop believer seem intent on smoothing Tobacco Road. With Keelay featuring the Park, and Jern Eye. Mon/19, 8 p.m., $10-$12. Café du Nord, 2170 Market, SF. (415) 861-5016.
Choir of Young Believers
Rapture! The Danish treat possesses a deep love of classic orchestral pop. With Those Darlins’ and the Grates. Tues/20, 8 p.m., $10. Rickshaw Stop, 155 Fell, SF. (415) 861-2011.
He’s got the Wu to pursue -- with Ghostdini the Wizard of Poetry in hand. With Souls of Mischief , Fashawn, Strong Arm Steady, and Deep Rooted. Tues/20, 9 p.m., $26. Slim’s, 333 11th St., SF. (415) 522-0333.
Most Commented On
- A Real Spell Caster That Helped Bring Back My Ex Lover Dr Igbudu - December 21, 2013
- Should just run them - December 21, 2013
- hmm - December 21, 2013
- I look forward to Mayor - December 21, 2013
- "I am not the biggest fan of - December 21, 2013
- Wonderful article! People - December 21, 2013
- Here's The Evidence That The - December 21, 2013
- And you wonder why people - December 21, 2013
- I agree. Marcos has a really - December 21, 2013
- wine bars - December 21, 2013